Old 12-30-2010, 05:51 PM   #31

I did check on the inside today, and we don't have any caps on ours. I should phone FR and see if they did forget them.
The one encouraging thing is the way they install the seals, the flaps on the outside do overlap in a rather clever way that looks like they should shed water fairly well. A little extra caulking, plus the slide toppers, and at least I won't be worrying about it when parked.

hoffkm, those "leakcatchers" are pretty funky! But I agree it would have been better to design the camper so it didn't leak!

My only question is, why the heck should we have to worry about things like this in the first place!

Old 12-30-2010, 07:35 PM   #32

To answer everyones question about my pics...
No the slide was not all the way in, thus the light your seeing.

Crocus...I though about the cap wrapping completely around after I posted the pics. I'll check again as I didn't check the first time. Great topic you brought up. Has me looking elsewhere for potential problem areas.

Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #33

Just thought I would post some pics of my slideout seals. These first ones are of the smalll wardrobe slideout. The motor is a 13398-B Dual Motor Valocity Slide Controller made by Lippert. Notice the metal "channel" used to to move the slideout in and out. These are located on both sides of the slide, top and bottom. There are 4 rollers that the slideout floor rides on. I included a pic of one of the rollers.
Pulling the flap back I could feel inside. It feels like a one piece metal cap that also wraps around on the inside and outside walls. In the first inside pic you can see the cap extending past the seal.
Unlike my Salem and Rockwood tt's, there are no seals on the back side of the trim inside the tt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sm Slide Inside Side Seal.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	4107   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sm Slide Outside Side Seal.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	4108   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sm Slide Underneath.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	4109  

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:24 AM   #34

I like that design, are there grease fittings on the rollers?
Old 01-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #35

Crocus: I see in your tread that your trailer is a 2011. Our also is a new 2011 and tell us with pictures on hand. On my trailer I found some caulking missing that I fixed and many screws that were letting the rain through the treads. You would be surprised to see wow the screws are an open channel to water leaks, They acting like a wick. I sealed mine with silicone. Each screws were removed and the treads were saturated with silicone before they were inserted back. I noticed that because after a rain storm the menbrane was leaking under the floor mear the pass thru luggage.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:28 AM   #36

Here are a few pics of the main slide. I'm guessing it's made by Lippert as well. There isn't any specific paperwork and the main maunual that came with the tt list Lippert and Power Gear for slideout assemblies, so I'm not sure.
The seals are the same as the small slide. This slideout's floor does not sit flush with the tt's main floor. Too make sure this was by design I asked Prime Time. They said it was designed that way because it makes a better seal at the bottom of the slide. It's only about a 1" "hump" in the floor going across the width of the slideout. It's not really located where you will be walking and after awhile you get use to it, or at least I have and it's not an issue.
Oh yeah, you can see a little light in the corners because the slide isn't all the way in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg Slide Inside Side Seal.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	4110   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg Slide Inside Top Seal.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	4111   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg Slide Outside Side Seal.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	4112   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg Slide Underneath.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	4113  

Gary & Trish

2017 Nights Camped - 4
Old 01-01-2011, 08:35 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
I like that design, are there grease fittings on the rollers?
I didn't think about that when I was looking. I'll have to look closer, but I don't think so. It's just so muddy out right now I just quickly took the pics.

Gary & Trish

2017 Nights Camped - 4
Old 01-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by capucine View Post
Crocus: I see in your tread that your trailer is a 2011. Our also is a new 2011 and tell us with pictures on hand. On my trailer I found some caulking missing that I fixed and many screws that were letting the rain through the treads. You would be surprised to see wow the screws are an open channel to water leaks, They acting like a wick. I sealed mine with silicone. Each screws were removed and the treads were saturated with silicone before they were inserted back. I noticed that because after a rain storm the menbrane was leaking under the floor mear the pass thru luggage.
You may want to also check underneath the trim that covers the screws on your front and rear caps. I had a leak in the right front corner of my Rockwood. The water was getting in through some screws under the trim that weren't sealed. The leak didn't show inside the tt until I had it for about 8 months.

Gary & Trish

2017 Nights Camped - 4
Old 01-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #39

grhodes, it looks like the seals on the inside are the same as those on the outside, is that the way it is?
Mine has the same seals on the outside, but uses the big white cushion, attached to the back of the slide trim, to seal the inside. Is there anything on the back of your slide trim, or is it the black seal on the inside wall that does the sealing?
Old 01-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
grhodes, it looks like the seals on the inside are the same as those on the outside, is that the way it is?
Mine has the same seals on the outside, but uses the big white cushion, attached to the back of the slide trim, to seal the inside. Is there anything on the back of your slide trim, or is it the black seal on the inside wall that does the sealing?
You correct. They use the same seals on the inside and outside wall and there is no seal on the backside of the slideout trim inside the trailer.

Three days ago we had a little under 1" rain with wind. The slides were in and there is no evidence of water or moisture of any kind around the slideouts or anywhere else.

Yesterday morning we had a little over ĺ" of rain with wind and the slideouts were out. Same results, no water or moisture inside the trailer.

I'm certainly no expert, but that sugests to me that their design is working at least for now. The tt is new and only time will tell.

Gary & Trish

2017 Nights Camped - 4