Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2017, 07:18 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 94
Maxx air or Camco

Looking to purchase and install a vent cover on my TT. Just wondering what is the best to buy. Maxx air or campco?
__________________

hoogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:20 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
007matman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoogy View Post
Looking to purchase and install a vent cover on my TT. Just wondering what is the best to buy. Maxx air or campco?
I've always thought the MaxxAir is the best. The Camco doesn't look as good.
__________________

007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:35 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
crunchman12001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Posts: 3,225
Well, it all depends on the vent. If a 4 blade Heng's than a Maxxair II is the best.
If you have a 10 blade fantastic fan, then the Fan-Tastic Vent Ultra Breeze Vent Cover would be the best.
__________________
2017 Salem Villa Estate 395RET-
2011 Coachmen Freedom Express 295RLDS- Sold
2015 F-250 FX4
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:43 PM   #4
Retired and Loving Life!
 
Alan F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Stone Ridge, Virginia and Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 308
Send a message via MSN to Alan F
I just installed two Max Air vent covers, and the installation was quite simple. Probably the same thing for the other, but I know the MA is an easy install. It also seemed to be durable. Much more so than the lid I replaced as well due to a hail storm.
Alan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:53 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
Well, it all depends on the vent. If a 4 blade Heng's than a Maxxair II is the best.
If you have a 10 blade fantastic fan, then the Fan-Tastic Vent Ultra Breeze Vent Cover would be the best.
Forgot to mention. this for the vent above the bed. just a screw up vent.
hoogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:57 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
crunchman12001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Posts: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoogy View Post
Forgot to mention. this for the vent above the bed. just a screw up vent.
Without a power fan?
If this is the case, I would still recommend the Maxxair II because of the hinge feature to lift the vent for easy cleaning under it.
__________________
2017 Salem Villa Estate 395RET-
2011 Coachmen Freedom Express 295RLDS- Sold
2015 F-250 FX4
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:57 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 13,892
Maxxair Fanmate is used by the Factory Division Flagstaff on their units OE! I use MaxxairII on all our Hi Output Fans they work fine! Youroo!! You can install the Hinge Kit on any Maxxair cover!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:31 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
crunchman12001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Posts: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Maxxair Fanmate is used by the Factory Division Flagstaff on their units OE! I use MaxxairII on all our Hi Output Fans they work fine! Youroo!! You can install the Hinge Kit on any Maxxair cover!
The MaxxAir Fanmate is what should be used on the MaxxFan. To use a standard Maxxair II, you are cheating yourself of air flow.
The Fantastic fan uses the Ultra breeze for maximum air flow.
Both the same setup. It would seem OP has non powered unit so above is not needed.
I would not buy the Maxxair and then buy the hinge kit when it would be cheaper to buy the MaxxAir II.
__________________
2017 Salem Villa Estate 395RET-
2011 Coachmen Freedom Express 295RLDS- Sold
2015 F-250 FX4
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:52 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 13,892
The Maxxfan has its own cover that "Lifts" when in use,the Maxxair Fanmate is just a cover that hinges,just like the MaxxairII that are used to Cover either a Standard 14x14 vent or Any Fan you chose to install! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:00 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
DaGrinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Western MD
Posts: 1,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Maxxair Fanmate is used by the Factory Division Flagstaff on their units OE! I use MaxxairII on all our Hi Output Fans they work fine! Youroo!! You can install the Hinge Kit on any Maxxair cover!
First thing I did when I bought our Sunseeker was to install MaxxAir II's on three vents! Yeah, I have a picture, but my computer is messed up right now.
__________________

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:03 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
crunchman12001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Posts: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
The Maxxfan has its own cover that "Lifts" when in use,the Maxxair Fanmate is just a cover that hinges,just like the MaxxairII that are used to Cover either a Standard 14x14 vent or Any Fan you chose to install! Youroo!!
Yes, just like your Hi output fan that you installed the limiting MaxxAir II cover on. The Maxxair Fanmate is designed for maximum air flow like the Ultrabreeze cover for Hi output, 10 blade fans.
The OP has a manual crank vent that he is looking to cover with a MaxxAir or Camco cover. I suggested the MaxxAir II.
Which cover did you suggest?
__________________
2017 Salem Villa Estate 395RET-
2011 Coachmen Freedom Express 295RLDS- Sold
2015 F-250 FX4
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:18 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 13,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
Yes, just like your Hi output fan that you installed the limiting MaxxAir II cover on. The Maxxair Fanmate is designed for maximum air flow like the Ultrabreeze cover for Hi output, 10 blade fans.
The OP has a manual crank vent that he is looking to cover with a MaxxAir or Camco cover. I suggested the MaxxAir II.
Which cover did you suggest?
We have (3) MaxxairII covers,(2) Hi output Fans,and (1) Crank up Vent! It is like a "Wind Tunnel" when the (2) fans are on Hi and the Crank Vent and (1) window open! The Air Force could use it for "Research and Development"! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:19 PM   #13
WFD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,790
The OP in a second post stated he just has a crank up vent, so that would be the ones with no fan...no need to go beyond a Maxxair or Maxxair 11.
Also the Camco screen seems to be just a cheap plastic that won't allow much air movement. The Maxxair is a wider screen which allow more air to pass in my opinion. Just compare the inside of the 2, two will see what I mean.
__________________
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax
2016 Rockwood 8289WS, Diamond Pkg.
WFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:53 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
LarryBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 23
Between Camco and MaxAir. I would go MaxAir every time. The quality of plastic on the Camco is very cheap and will break after being in the Sun.
LarryBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:53 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
DouglasReid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Maurice, LA
Posts: 2,505
I purchased a Camco for bath fan/vent. It was 1/2 the price of the Maxx Air. s for looks, i don't look at it so I con't care. It works equally as good as the Maxx Air I used to have.
__________________
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL, Gladiator Qr35 ST235/85R16 Load rating G, TST 507 TPMS w/ Flow-thru Sensors & Repeater, Reese Sidewinder 16K Pin Box, PI EMS HW50C
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Turbo Brake activated, 39 gal Aux Tank W/ Fuel Pump transfer, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 air bags.
DouglasReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:08 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Wisconsin/Florida
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
The MaxxAir Fanmate is what should be used on the MaxxFan. To use a standard Maxxair II, you are cheating yourself of air flow.
The Fantastic fan uses the Ultra breeze for maximum air flow.
Both the same setup. It would seem OP has non powered unit so above is not needed.
I would not buy the Maxxair and then buy the hinge kit when it would be cheaper to buy the MaxxAir II.
X2 except for one point. Though there may be no roof vent fan in the bedroom, it is probably prewired from the factory as an accessory install. The vent would have to be removed to expose the wires.

As for MaxxAir vs Camco, we installed three MaxxAir II vents on our unit and it was the best upgrade we made for the $. Those vents withstood some pretty strong winds from all directions. We kept the vents open in hot/cold, rain/shine and while travelling. We never had a drop of water intrusion through a roof vent. I installed a Camco roof vent cover on our cargo trailer. It was OK for the application, but not quite the quality or style of the MaxxAir.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:50 PM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 70
I just installed new 14X14 Camco covers on my TT. They are much thicker than the original covers and they come with a lifetime warranty. I bought the smoke colored from Camping World. The darker vent covers help keep the heat from the sun down.
tjmezzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:35 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
Without a power fan?
If this is the case, I would still recommend the Maxxair II because of the hinge feature to lift the vent for easy cleaning under it.

Yes no power fan. So the difference between maxxair one and two is two has hinge lid?
hoogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:42 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
007matman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,599
It looks like the V2 has a larger grille too. So probably better airflow.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:01 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
great white's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoogy View Post
Yes no power fan. So the difference between maxxair one and two is two has hinge lid?

Maxxair:





Maxxair II:





From the manufacturer site, Maxxair overlaid on Maxxair II:



I've got three Maxxair II's on my trailer. Been there 6 years. all the vents are wide open all year round. Not one complaint. One of the best things I've ever put on the trailer.



Installing them yourself requires some drilling:



Can't speak to the Camco, never had one.
__________________

__________________

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 PM.


×