Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2017, 07:18 PM   #1

Maxx air or Camco

Looking to purchase and install a vent cover on my TT. Just wondering what is the best to buy. Maxx air or campco?
hoogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoogy View Post
Looking to purchase and install a vent cover on my TT. Just wondering what is the best to buy. Maxx air or campco?
I've always thought the MaxxAir is the best. The Camco doesn't look as good.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:35 PM   #3

Well, it all depends on the vent. If a 4 blade Heng's than a Maxxair II is the best.
If you have a 10 blade fantastic fan, then the Fan-Tastic Vent Ultra Breeze Vent Cover would be the best.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:43 PM   #4
Retired and Loving Life!

Send a message via MSN to Alan F
I just installed two Max Air vent covers, and the installation was quite simple. Probably the same thing for the other, but I know the MA is an easy install. It also seemed to be durable. Much more so than the lid I replaced as well due to a hail storm.
Alan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
Well, it all depends on the vent. If a 4 blade Heng's than a Maxxair II is the best.
If you have a 10 blade fantastic fan, then the Fan-Tastic Vent Ultra Breeze Vent Cover would be the best.
Forgot to mention. this for the vent above the bed. just a screw up vent.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Forgot to mention. this for the vent above the bed. just a screw up vent.
Without a power fan?
If this is the case, I would still recommend the Maxxair II because of the hinge feature to lift the vent for easy cleaning under it.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:57 PM   #7

Maxxair Fanmate is used by the Factory Division Flagstaff on their units OE! I use MaxxairII on all our Hi Output Fans they work fine! Youroo!! You can install the Hinge Kit on any Maxxair cover!
Old 06-27-2017, 08:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Maxxair Fanmate is used by the Factory Division Flagstaff on their units OE! I use MaxxairII on all our Hi Output Fans they work fine! Youroo!! You can install the Hinge Kit on any Maxxair cover!
The MaxxAir Fanmate is what should be used on the MaxxFan. To use a standard Maxxair II, you are cheating yourself of air flow.
The Fantastic fan uses the Ultra breeze for maximum air flow.
Both the same setup. It would seem OP has non powered unit so above is not needed.
I would not buy the Maxxair and then buy the hinge kit when it would be cheaper to buy the MaxxAir II.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:52 PM   #9

The Maxxfan has its own cover that "Lifts" when in use,the Maxxair Fanmate is just a cover that hinges,just like the MaxxairII that are used to Cover either a Standard 14x14 vent or Any Fan you chose to install! Youroo!!
Old 06-27-2017, 09:00 PM   #10
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
First thing I did when I bought our Sunseeker was to install MaxxAir II's on three vents! Yeah, I have a picture, but my computer is messed up right now.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:03 PM   #11

Quote:
The Maxxfan has its own cover that "Lifts" when in use,the Maxxair Fanmate is just a cover that hinges,just like the MaxxairII that are used to Cover either a Standard 14x14 vent or Any Fan you chose to install! Youroo!!
Yes, just like your Hi output fan that you installed the limiting MaxxAir II cover on. The Maxxair Fanmate is designed for maximum air flow like the Ultrabreeze cover for Hi output, 10 blade fans.
The OP has a manual crank vent that he is looking to cover with a MaxxAir or Camco cover. I suggested the MaxxAir II.
Which cover did you suggest?
Old 06-27-2017, 09:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Yes, just like your Hi output fan that you installed the limiting MaxxAir II cover on. The Maxxair Fanmate is designed for maximum air flow like the Ultrabreeze cover for Hi output, 10 blade fans.
The OP has a manual crank vent that he is looking to cover with a MaxxAir or Camco cover. I suggested the MaxxAir II.
Which cover did you suggest?
We have (3) MaxxairII covers,(2) Hi output Fans,and (1) Crank up Vent! It is like a "Wind Tunnel" when the (2) fans are on Hi and the Crank Vent and (1) window open! The Air Force could use it for "Research and Development"! Youroo!!
Old 06-27-2017, 09:19 PM   #13
WFD

The OP in a second post stated he just has a crank up vent, so that would be the ones with no fan...no need to go beyond a Maxxair or Maxxair 11.
Also the Camco screen seems to be just a cheap plastic that won't allow much air movement. The Maxxair is a wider screen which allow more air to pass in my opinion. Just compare the inside of the 2, two will see what I mean.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:53 PM   #14

Between Camco and MaxAir. I would go MaxAir every time. The quality of plastic on the Camco is very cheap and will break after being in the Sun.
LarryBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:53 PM   #15

I purchased a Camco for bath fan/vent. It was 1/2 the price of the Maxx Air. s for looks, i don't look at it so I con't care. It works equally as good as the Maxx Air I used to have.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:08 PM   #16

Quote:
The MaxxAir Fanmate is what should be used on the MaxxFan. To use a standard Maxxair II, you are cheating yourself of air flow.
The Fantastic fan uses the Ultra breeze for maximum air flow.
Both the same setup. It would seem OP has non powered unit so above is not needed.
I would not buy the Maxxair and then buy the hinge kit when it would be cheaper to buy the MaxxAir II.
X2 except for one point. Though there may be no roof vent fan in the bedroom, it is probably prewired from the factory as an accessory install. The vent would have to be removed to expose the wires.

As for MaxxAir vs Camco, we installed three MaxxAir II vents on our unit and it was the best upgrade we made for the $. Those vents withstood some pretty strong winds from all directions. We kept the vents open in hot/cold, rain/shine and while travelling. We never had a drop of water intrusion through a roof vent. I installed a Camco roof vent cover on our cargo trailer. It was OK for the application, but not quite the quality or style of the MaxxAir.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:50 PM   #17

I just installed new 14X14 Camco covers on my TT. They are much thicker than the original covers and they come with a lifetime warranty. I bought the smoke colored from Camping World. The darker vent covers help keep the heat from the sun down.
tjmezzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:35 PM   #18

Quote:
Without a power fan?
If this is the case, I would still recommend the Maxxair II because of the hinge feature to lift the vent for easy cleaning under it.

Yes no power fan. So the difference between maxxair one and two is two has hinge lid?
Old 06-28-2017, 05:42 PM   #19

It looks like the V2 has a larger grille too. So probably better airflow.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:01 PM   #20

Quote:
Yes no power fan. So the difference between maxxair one and two is two has hinge lid?

Maxxair:

Maxxair II:

From the manufacturer site, Maxxair overlaid on Maxxair II:

I've got three Maxxair II's on my trailer. Been there 6 years. all the vents are wide open all year round. Not one complaint. One of the best things I've ever put on the trailer.

Installing them yourself requires some drilling:

Can't speak to the Camco, never had one.

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote