Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2014, 07:27 PM   #1

Question MaxxAir II Vent Cover installation

I have a question for those that have installed or have MaxxAir II vent covers.

I've purchased 3 MaxxAir II vent covers for the vents on our TT. We just received another dump of snow, so haven't had a chance to get up on the roof to install the covers yet.

The question I have is do the MaxxAir cover clips that you attach to existing vent housing clear the roof of the trailer?

In the installation video it looks like the clips will extend out over the roof. Just wondering if there is a gap between the clips and the roof or do I need to put something between the clip and the roof to prevent chaffing?

Thanks
Old 04-28-2014, 07:36 PM   #2

I set mine up as high as I could so it doesn't rub the roof but yet doesn't interfere with vent lid closing. Just keep an eye on them periodically. That's what's nice about the max air II they have clip you can pull and hinge the lid up for inspection in about 3 seconds. Good luck
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:37 PM   #3

mine are just off the roof surface, but I guess you could put a piece of foam or something there for piece of mind
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:42 PM   #4
Canadian Member

I installed the MaxxAir Fan/Mate. It installs about the same as the MaxxAir II. The clips will be sitting on top of the lap sealant around your vent so it won't likely actually touch the roof material. If you're concerned about the clips rubbing on something you could cover the lap sealant with Eternabond tape before installing the vent cover but I doubt that the clips would have any detrimental effect. Just check that the cover remains secure on the vent when you do your regular roof inspection.

I put the Eternabond tape over all the lap sealant on my roof as extra protection for the seams since the lap sealant tends to need frequent maintenance.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
I installed the MaxxAir Fan/Mate. It installs about the same as the MaxxAir II. The clips will be sitting on top of the lap sealant around your vent so it won't likely actually touch the roof material. If you're concerned about the clips rubbing on something you could cover the lap sealant with Eternabond tape before installing the vent cover but I doubt that the clips would have any detrimental effect. Just check that the cover remains secure on the vent when you do your regular roof inspection.

I put the Eternabond tape over all the lap sealant on my roof as extra protection for the seams since the lap sealant tends to need frequent maintenance.
One of the vents is a fan tastic fan. I wonder if I should have gotten the MaxxAir Fan/Mate for that one.

I told the fellow at the dealer that I had a fan tastic fan on one of the vents and he said that the MaxxAir II could be used.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:04 PM   #6

Just installed a fan mate and 2 camco covers and made sure to put plenty of self leveling caulk on the 4 screws for the fan mate that go into the roof. Lots of rain the last 2 weeks and no leaks its a wonderful thing. Opened them up one nice day we had and you still get a nice breeze and on the rainy day was great being able to let air in.
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, vent