Old 01-09-2015, 08:19 AM   #21
[QUOTE=rabraz;761093]Well... Imagine my surprise by being told "Your claim has been denied". After all my gushing praise of Forest River and their warranty process.
Further explanation was, "You have owned the trailer for almost two years and seal maintenance is the responsibility of the owner".

We were surprised to read about rabraz' dilemma with their rv manufacturer. When we started our discussions with the warranty dept at Rockwood they had the same response, essentially. But through further discussion, lots of documentation and the support from our dealer we came up with something we could all be happy with. You have to realize that we were dealing with the ROCKWOOD division at FOREST RIVER and their warranty folks. Because your unit is a PUMA you will be dealing with a different group folks than we did and their policies could be different. That said, have you talked to the Warranty Manager and discussed your problem? Once we got everyone, the manufacturer, dealer and ourselves on the same page a deal was reached. It took a bit of effort but was worth it. Good luck with your future talks.

Steve & Millie
2011 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 2wd Hemi 3:55 gear
Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2604WS
maggiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:57 PM   #22
Water Damage

Well, after much discussion, Forest River finally awarded in my favor as a warranty related problem. They will make full and complete repairs to my trailer. Pretty happy about all this but it was very frustrating getting there. I asked the dealer to go ahead and pack the bearings while they have it and I will more than likely put new tires on the unit before my trip to Colorado this spring. Can't wait to get it back on the road.
Happy Trails to all this season.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F350 and 351THSS.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	68380  

Ricky, DW Terry, 11 Kids and Grandkids who all want to go camping with me! Life is good!!
2012 F-350 SuperDuty 6.7 SRW CC, Reese Elite 30144, 2013 Puma 351THSS, 2009 EZGO TXR, 2005 Palm Beach 211 Bay, 2004 HD FatBoy.
rabraz is offline   Reply With Quote