Old 12-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #1

My Alum Siding Question

I am new to this site and searched for a awhile trying to find something that relates to my problem but couldnt find anything... I have a 2011 Wildwood 27RLSS, It has been used as a full time RV for about a year and then was placed into storage for the last 6 months.. This week we took it into the mountains for the holidays and Noticed while it was in tow that the Alum Siding around the bedroom windows were bowing out on both sides of the trailer.. When I stopped it was fine.. So to my question.... IS this normal?

Old 12-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #2

I wouldn't think that would be normal.
Does the siding seem loose? If you get under a lip with a screwdriver or something, can you pull the siding away from the camper wall?

Old 12-30-2012, 12:47 AM   #3

I havent even tried to pull up on it... It just got my attention going down the road.. I couldnt even fatham the idea that the wind would bubble it up like that being that it is only a year and half old.. and only been pulled 3 times since I bought it.. The one thing is I do have a extended warranty but i have no idea how hard this fight is going to be...
Old 12-30-2012, 01:05 AM   #4
Oklahoma Proud

That sux!
I haven't noticed anything like that on mine. It don't seem right.
Did you have any windows opened slightly or hood vent cover. Maybe even check front cap seams.

I would deff. take to dealer and let them fix- might have to go to factory to fix.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #5

If you still have warranty, get it checked out asap. It either wasn't attached properly to begin with, or something has let go.
Is your camper aluminum or wood frame?