Old 08-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #11

I have a brand new cover for sale. First one shredded in about 6 weeks. Mfg sent me a new one which is still in the box. I just found it way too much trouble. I am in/out of my fiver on a regular basis all winter and the cover was a big pain in the whoo whoo to deal with trying to access the trailer.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Lakes View Post
I bought a Goldline last fall & used it last winter (about 7 months) on my 2104. It's very light, allows good access to the camper, and there was no scuffing or damage from it upon removal in the spring. I'm happy with it.
Thanks for the reply

Old 08-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #13

Done.

Ordered a Camco Ultraguard today.

why?

well, because it could be sourced locally as much as anything else.

When/if I have an issue with it during the 2 year warranty, I can walk in and drop it on the desk.

Little bit harder to do that with a mail order Co.....

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white
Done.

Ordered a Camco Ultraguard today.

why?

well, because it could be sourced locally as much as anything else.

When/if I have an issue with it during the 2 year warranty, I can walk in and drop it on the desk.

Little bit harder to do that with a mail order Co.....
Wanna have it last 3X longer? My neighbor at storage lot showed me. Strapped with 3 girth belts one every 9 feet and one Equator belt. No flapping, no damage even as others are shredded nearby including my first. The belts are inexpensive nylon web with cinching buckles. He's on his third or fourth year already an no tears.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Wanna have it last 3X longer? My neighbor at storage lot showed me. Strapped with 3 girth belts one every 9 feet and one Equator belt. No flapping, no damage even as others are shredded nearby including my first. The belts are inexpensive nylon web with cinching buckles. He's on his third or fourth year already an no tears.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it.

But the Ultraguard seems to have what you're talking about already "built in":

It also supposedly incorporates vents/flaps that are supposed to prevent flapping.

We'll have to see once it's installed though......advertizing "claims" are usually one thing, what it actually does is another.....

Husky Centerline Hitch
Old 08-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
I'll be covering things like drain gutters and corners to prevent ripping of the cover or chaffing of the trailer. Tennis balls and cling plastic works wonders on these things. Stuff like the radio antennae can just be unscrewed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyt View Post
Don't forget tennis balls for the rain gutters and foam noodles for sharp corners.

Sorry I guess I missed your comment when I made mine about tennis balls and foam noodles. no harm no foul.

I too am interested in a good quality cover since I need to leave it in a storage lot during the winter.

2006 Dodge 2500 Crew Cab 5.9L Cummins 4X4 200k mls
2010 Forest River Flagstaff 831QBSS - Equal-i-zer Hitch
2011 HD FatboyLo & 2000 Honda Shadow 1100
Nights Camped 2010 (7), 2011 (15), 2012 (35) 2013 (40) 2014 (22) 2015 (12) 2016 (10) 2017 (?)
troyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #17

Not sure if this carport is in your metal awning category, but I hope not, would hate to look out one morning and see it blown away and wadded up in the woods. It has 10, 4 ft augers, holding it in the ground and 10 other 4 ft spikes. I just had this installed a few months ago. Had a cover but such a hassle to get it on and off everytime, not to mention a safety risk climbing around the roof and on ladders to get it on and off 13 off the ground. I pretty much just turned to using it for long term winter storage only, which still allowed the summer sun to beat on it. With this it's always protected unless I'm using it, even made it wide enough so I could keep all the slides open. Plus 1/4 of the cost of the barn you mentioned.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper cover.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	18254  
Old 08-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it.

But the Ultraguard seems to have what you're talking about already "built in":

It also supposedly incorporates vents/flaps that are supposed to prevent flapping.

We'll have to see once it's installed though......advertizing "claims" are usually one thing, what it actually does is another.....
This is like taking a shower with a raincoat on!!
Rem Marilyn standing over the vent grate?. All the best.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcher95 View Post
Not sure if this carport is in your metal awning category, but I hope not, would hate to look out one morning and see it blown away and wadded up in the woods. It has 10, 4 ft augers, holding it in the ground and 10 other 4 ft spikes. I just had this installed a few months ago. Had a cover but such a hassle to get it on and off everytime, not to mention a safety risk climbing around the roof and on ladders to get it on and off 13 off the ground. I pretty much just turned to using it for long term winter storage only, which still allowed the summer sun to beat on it. With this it's always protected unless I'm using it, even made it wide enough so I could keep all the slides open. Plus 1/4 of the cost of the barn you mentioned.
Yup, that would be a good option but those are the ones the wind rips up here.

Not that it comes up out of the ground but that the roof comes off...

Husky Centerline Hitch
Old 08-20-2012, 11:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Can you explain these, "girth belts" and "equator belt"? I assume they go completely around the rig. Where would one buy them or are they homemade? If homemade, how wide are they and what type of device connects the ends together? I just had my cover replaced under warranty and noticed today the new one is already show wear.

Nights Camped in 2012-42 and counting..
Weekendcamper is offline   Reply With Quote