Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekendcamper View Post
Can you explain these, "girth belts" and "equator belt"? I assume they go completely around the rig. Where would one buy them or are they homemade? If homemade, how wide are they and what type of device connects the ends together? I just had my cover replaced under warranty and noticed today the new one is already show wear.
Yes, they go all the way around using 1" web belt with open hook on one end and a ratchet and 1' leader on the other end also with a coated open hook. I found them in a dollar+ store, have seen them in Walmart also. Bout 2 for 9 dollars for pack of two, 15' each..Need two per location plus I use closed loop chain to close the bottom. then you can ratchet up or release in two locations for good placment. I've not attempting the full lengh belt as its too difficult to rig, but that's the best way to secure. Hook, use long lengths hooked puts ratchets near ground, two belts together for 30' length. Neighbor has 5th wheel and has some way of holding belt up while he tightens, never saw it install. Pad all contacts with RV to prevent paint damage.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #22

Thanks, I'm going to give it a try,

Nights Camped in 2012-42 and counting..
Weekendcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #23

We puchased and used one last year. Has vent flaps near the top so air doesn't trap inside. It is designed for the toyhauler so we can open the back door or the entrance door. We live near the ocean and it can blow. Used the tennis balls on the gutters and foam insulation for pipes for the ladder and any other protruding parts.
Good luck with your cover.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #24

Fixing put ours under cover also, trees, leaves and weather OH MY! As soon as we have it looked at, roof maintanence, cleaned, winterized, it is wrapped up for the winter. We bought the smallest we could find, apparently no one makes one for a Micro-lite, so just have to improvise with the small cover and bungie the excess!
tkephart1 is offline   Reply With Quote