Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 855
I have a brand new cover for sale. First one shredded in about 6 weeks. Mfg sent me a new one which is still in the box. I just found it way too much trouble. I am in/out of my fiver on a regular basis all winter and the cover was a big pain in the whoo whoo to deal with trying to access the trailer.
__________________

__________________
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
davidjb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mass.
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Lakes View Post
I bought a Goldline last fall & used it last winter (about 7 months) on my 2104. It's very light, allows good access to the camper, and there was no scuffing or damage from it upon removal in the spring. I'm happy with it.
Thanks for the reply
__________________

__________________
davidjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
great white's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 662
Done.

Ordered a Camco Ultraguard today.

why?

well, because it could be sourced locally as much as anything else.

When/if I have an issue with it during the 2 year warranty, I can walk in and drop it on the desk.

Little bit harder to do that with a mail order Co.....
__________________

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by great white
Done.

Ordered a Camco Ultraguard today.

why?

well, because it could be sourced locally as much as anything else.

When/if I have an issue with it during the 2 year warranty, I can walk in and drop it on the desk.

Little bit harder to do that with a mail order Co.....
Wanna have it last 3X longer? My neighbor at storage lot showed me. Strapped with 3 girth belts one every 9 feet and one Equator belt. No flapping, no damage even as others are shredded nearby including my first. The belts are inexpensive nylon web with cinching buckles. He's on his third or fourth year already an no tears.
__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
great white's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Wanna have it last 3X longer? My neighbor at storage lot showed me. Strapped with 3 girth belts one every 9 feet and one Equator belt. No flapping, no damage even as others are shredded nearby including my first. The belts are inexpensive nylon web with cinching buckles. He's on his third or fourth year already an no tears.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it.

But the Ultraguard seems to have what you're talking about already "built in":



It also supposedly incorporates vents/flaps that are supposed to prevent flapping.

We'll have to see once it's installed though......advertizing "claims" are usually one thing, what it actually does is another.....
__________________

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
troyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: West Central, MO
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
I'll be covering things like drain gutters and corners to prevent ripping of the cover or chaffing of the trailer. Tennis balls and cling plastic works wonders on these things. Stuff like the radio antennae can just be unscrewed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyt View Post
Don't forget tennis balls for the rain gutters and foam noodles for sharp corners.


Sorry I guess I missed your comment when I made mine about tennis balls and foam noodles. no harm no foul.

I too am interested in a good quality cover since I need to leave it in a storage lot during the winter.
__________________

2006 Dodge 2500 Crew Cab 5.9L Cummins 4X4 200k mls
2010 Forest River Flagstaff 831QBSS - Equal-i-zer Hitch
2011 HD FatboyLo & 2000 Honda Shadow 1100
Nights Camped 2010 (7), 2011 (15), 2012 (35) 2013 (40) 2014 (22) 2015 (12) 2016 (10) 2017 (?)
troyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #17
Junior Member
 
kevcher95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Posts: 21
Not sure if this carport is in your metal awning category, but I hope not, would hate to look out one morning and see it blown away and wadded up in the woods. It has 10, 4 ft augers, holding it in the ground and 10 other 4 ft spikes. I just had this installed a few months ago. Had a cover but such a hassle to get it on and off everytime, not to mention a safety risk climbing around the roof and on ladders to get it on and off 13 off the ground. I pretty much just turned to using it for long term winter storage only, which still allowed the summer sun to beat on it. With this it's always protected unless I'm using it, even made it wide enough so I could keep all the slides open. Plus 1/4 of the cost of the barn you mentioned.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper cover.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	18254  
__________________
2000 F-350 Dually, 7.3, 4X4
2012 Silverback 35QB4
kevcher95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by great white

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it.

But the Ultraguard seems to have what you're talking about already "built in":

It also supposedly incorporates vents/flaps that are supposed to prevent flapping.

We'll have to see once it's installed though......advertizing "claims" are usually one thing, what it actually does is another.....
This is like taking a shower with a raincoat on!!
Rem Marilyn standing over the vent grate?. All the best.
__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
great white's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcher95 View Post
Not sure if this carport is in your metal awning category, but I hope not, would hate to look out one morning and see it blown away and wadded up in the woods. It has 10, 4 ft augers, holding it in the ground and 10 other 4 ft spikes. I just had this installed a few months ago. Had a cover but such a hassle to get it on and off everytime, not to mention a safety risk climbing around the roof and on ladders to get it on and off 13 off the ground. I pretty much just turned to using it for long term winter storage only, which still allowed the summer sun to beat on it. With this it's always protected unless I'm using it, even made it wide enough so I could keep all the slides open. Plus 1/4 of the cost of the barn you mentioned.
Yup, that would be a good option but those are the ones the wind rips up here.

Not that it comes up out of the ground but that the roof comes off...
__________________

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:31 PM   #20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Riverbank, Ca
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Wanna have it last 3X longer? My neighbor at storage lot showed me. Strapped with 3 girth belts one every 9 feet and one Equator belt. No flapping, no damage even as others are shredded nearby including my first. The belts are inexpensive nylon web with cinching buckles. He's on his third or fourth year already an no tears.
Can you explain these, "girth belts" and "equator belt"? I assume they go completely around the rig. Where would one buy them or are they homemade? If homemade, how wide are they and what type of device connects the ends together? I just had my cover replaced under warranty and noticed today the new one is already show wear.
__________________

__________________
2010 Wildcat 27RL 5th Wheel
2003 Ford F-250 6.0 Diesel

Nights Camped in 2012-42 and counting..
Weekendcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 PM.