Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2014, 04:04 PM   #1

Need water leak advice

We have a 2012 forest River RPOD 172. After a rain storm, water rises up behind the toilet on the left side. (Driver's side). There is a small gap in the plastic floor molding, in the corner, where the water is coming through. I have resealed the two small black roof vents and large fan vent. There were cracks in the sealant and a couple gaps, so by gooping everything with self-leveling Dicor, I thought I had the problem solved. Well, after a mother nature rain check, the water returned. Could this be the side seam where the roof meets the side wall? The A/C? Water has to be coming down from the roof between the wall somewhere, pooling and rising up into the shower\toilet area. Our Portland Dealer is a two hour drive away and my extended warranty doesn't cover seals anyway, so I'd like to be able to fix this myself. Wish there was an easy way to look up in the roof or inside the wall area during the rain, we get lots here on the Oregon Coast, about 150 inches a year. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Aoj1006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak