Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2014, 03:37 PM   #1

Outside Trim

I have a 2012 Shamrock 21SS. We bought it brand new June of 2012. I have not yet contacted Forest River, their website for starters does not give a contact method. Anyway, looking for some advice, either from Forest River or from someone that had the same problem? The bottom trim piece that attaches to the slide out is cracking around one the joined areas. I noticed today coming home that the trim piece was really vibrating with the wind from traveling at highway speed. I noticed it before, but never really looked. Anyway, the constant vibrating has caused the trim to crack, see pictures attached and I've outlined the problem area in red. Anymore and it'll eventually rip right off. Not sure what to do or how to try and fix this. It's obviously a manufacturing design flaw. Anyway. See what people say. Thanks. And of course, it appears that Forest River does not trust their manufacturing enough to provide more than a year warranty, which of course has expired.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0539.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	53279   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0540.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	337.5 KB
ID:	53280   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0541.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	322.8 KB
ID:	53281   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0542.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	337.8 KB
ID:	53282   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0543.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	53283  

Mikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:08 PM   #2
Site Team

i guess you weren't informed by your dealer, that a 2nd year factory warranty was available for only $150.
and one year factory warranty is a RV standard, not just FR.
only a handful of RV manufacturers offer more than one year and they are in the vast minority.

not sure if it would qualify as a design flaw. i'm a member of 6 different hybrid forums and have never seen a Roo or Shamrock owner with this problem.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote