Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2019, 04:21 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 76
Pole Cleaning Brush Recommendations

I decided a pole mounted brush would help to facilitate washing my trailer. After a few search attempts, I am not finding much help from prior threads. I am seeing brushes from the $20 range up to $60.

Curious what others have found to be a good choice.
__________________

__________________
2019 Freedom UltraLight 192RBS
2018 Sierra 2500HD Duramax
Anderson WD Hitch
TST 507 TPMS
nutdriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:55 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutdriver View Post
I decided a pole mounted brush would help to facilitate washing my trailer. After a few search attempts, I am not finding much help from prior threads. I am seeing brushes from the $20 range up to $60.

Curious what others have found to be a good choice.
Costco has one on sale right now, less than $20.
__________________

__________________
2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman, CTD/CC/SB/4X4/Equalizer WDH
2019 Forest River Surveyor Legend 19BHLE
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:59 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Gwiggels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Costco has one on sale right now, less than $20.
I used one from Costco last season. Not sure if it is the same one you are talking about or not.....but, I did not like it. The brush head was very heavy and made it hard to use fully extended. It had a container that held soap and could hook up to a garden hose to soap and rinse the RV. The soap and the water connections both leaked. The brush head also was a little to stiff in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents
Gwiggels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:04 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
heavynlori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,270
We bought an extendable handle (twist to loosen/tighten after extended) from West Marine

Lightweight aluminum handle and a pop on/off soft brush head - it reaches the high points of our 5er easily
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:04 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Gwiggels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 17
Surprisingly enough, this cheap one has been most successful for meClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190405-170342_Amazon%20Shopping.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	200899
Gwiggels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:11 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwiggels View Post
I used one from Costco last season. Not sure if it is the same one you are talking about or not.....but, I did not like it. The brush head was very heavy and made it hard to use fully extended. It had a container that held soap and could hook up to a garden hose to soap and rinse the RV. The soap and the water connections both leaked. The brush head also was a little to stiff in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents
I was just at Costco and I think it's different than the one you used last season.
IMO, those pole brushes should not have a hose hooked up to them, you get more water on you than the coach. As you mentioned, once filled with water and with the hose connected, the pole brush gets heavy and leaky
Use the bucket-dip method, dip the unattached pole brush in a bucket with your favorite car wash liquid and water and wash the sides. Rinse with a hose afterwards.
__________________
2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman, CTD/CC/SB/4X4/Equalizer WDH
2019 Forest River Surveyor Legend 19BHLE
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:13 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Gwiggels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
I was just at Costco and I think it's different than the one you used last season.
IMO, those pole brushes should not have a hose hooked up to them, you get more water on you than the coach. As you mentioned, once filled with water and with the hose connected, the pole brush gets heavy and leaky
Use the bucket-dip method, dip the unattached pole brush in a bucket with your favorite car wash liquid and water and wash the sides. Rinse with a hose afterwards.
I couldn't agree more.
Gwiggels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 06:57 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
We bought an extendable handle (twist to loosen/tighten after extended) from West Marine

Lightweight aluminum handle and a pop on/off soft brush head - it reaches the high points of our 5er easily
I really appreciate the input and thoughts.

I was already feeling a bit hesitant to go with the poles that have the water flowing through the handle for many of the reasons given. My inclination is to keep it simple.

I did look at the AutoSpa but it is now only available from 3rd party sellers on Amazo* and the negative reviews were a bit concerning.

The idea expressed by heavynlori probably is what I am leaning toward. Extension pole and brush that I can dip into a wash bucket. I do wish I had a West Marine convenient to me but I would probably end up needing to pay for shipping which will push the cost up. I think I will start narrowing my search along this line.
__________________
2019 Freedom UltraLight 192RBS
2018 Sierra 2500HD Duramax
Anderson WD Hitch
TST 507 TPMS
nutdriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:04 PM   #9
waybeck2018
 
waybeck2018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Central Alabama
Posts: 317
I saw one in Harbor Freight two days ago. Heading back tomorrow with my discount coupon to get one. Less than $20.00 then use 20% off coupon.
__________________
2012 F-250, 6.7 Super Duty Powerstroke; 2019 291 BR Primetime Tracer,
Days camped in 2018-61

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:07 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 343
Go to any large truck stop, they will have the telescoping pole and brush, the most heavy duty ones around, will last forever!
__________________

__________________
2018 Flagstaff 832IKBS Travel Trailer.

2015 Silverado High Country.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cleaning

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.