Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2014, 08:49 PM   #1

Possible Roof Repair

Ok guys I am looking at getting a 99 flagstaff superlight model M829BH. The previous owner let his kids crawl over the top of it and broke the vent seals and they let it leak for who knows how long. The outside of the trailer looks fine and the inside looks prity crappy. What i need to know is this a aluminum framed towable or is it wood. The reason i would like to know is to know how hard the repair is going to be. I really dont want to have to replace any wood structural support beams unless i really have too if its aluminum then all the damage is just visual and relativaly easy to fix.
Anyone know about the framing of this particular trailer. if needed i can post pics
Derk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:55 PM   #2

Unless it's free and you enjoy the challenge, pass on it. If it's been leaking for a long time, mold will be your biggest challenge. It gets into everything.don't ask how I know.

2006 roo 23b
99 Silverado xtra cab with 4.8 and tow package

2006 Ford F150 4.6L
Rrickim63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:00 PM   #3

I dont mind the challenge of fixing things from what i can actuially see it dosent look too hard its what i dont see i am worried about thats why i am wondering about the construction of the main beams if they are wood i am probabially going to pass if they are aluminum i might get it and fix what i can see. would it be going to far to ask the current owner to let me take some of the inside trim and pannels off of it to check the frame work?
Old 01-02-2014, 06:27 AM   #4

I went the same path on current tt. Thought it would be easy. Small spot on wall went to floor as well. The walls and floor acted like a sponge absorbing water. In the end , I did well. It maybe hard to resell , but I'm not selling it yet

2006 roo 23b
99 Silverado xtra cab with 4.8 and tow package

2006 Ford F150 4.6L
Rrickim63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #5

So no worries i have decided that this is not the one for me and i am moving away from it. I now get to continue the search for the perfect towable for me and the family
Old 01-02-2014, 12:43 PM   #6
Site Team - Lou

Run; don't walk away from this even if free.

Go watch the movie "Money Pit" for why...
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, roo, roof, roof repair