Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #1

Quick Roof

Has anybody used a product called Quick Roof? I discovered a leak from my bathroom skylight today and found the caulking around it had failed. I wanted to seal it with Eternabond. My local RV supply did not carry it but has a similar product called Quick Roof. They claim it is just as good. Has anybody used this stuff?
Old 06-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #2

Walmart has eternabond.
I think I would go with a product that everyone loves rather than hope you have found something just as good.
days camped in 2011: 37 (up to Aug 1st)
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #3

Very good point. I went to Wally's and they didn't have it and said it is available online only. I found some caulk in the basement and filled the hole for now so it doesn't leak until the Eternabond arrives. Here is what it looked like:

It looks like the skylight expanded in the heat and shifted upwards between the screws and broke the seal. Further inspection found a small opening in the sealant around a waste vent. I poked at it and it turned into a large void! Looks like the applier stopped short and covered hios mistake. I also found gapa at the corners of the front cap. That's 1 sure leak and 3 possibles on a 1 year old camper!
Old 06-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Be sure to clean out that bathroom caulk before you Eternabond over it!

Eternabond will NOT stick to silicone.

Be SURE to spray the primer on your sealant if you decide to put down EB on your seams. You want that stuff "sticky" when you apply the EB.
Also if you "lap" the EB on itself, it will stick much better if you primer the first tape before you put the second layer on.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #5

Thanks for the tips, Herk. I am aware it will not stick to silicone but we have rain coming and I wanted to get the openings sealed. I didn't smooth it out so hopefully it will be easy to remove. I ordered the Eternabond today along with a can of primer and hopefully it will arrive this week so I can get it done next weekend.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:57 PM   #6

I had a couple of spots similar to that on my roof but where around the antenna wire for the TV anenna and two spots on the front corner's where the front cap meet the body and around the vents as well.

I used the Dicor Lap Sealant (Self Leveling) and filled the gaps to hopefully keep any water out. I put enough on it I shouldnt have any issues and my trailer is only about 3 1/2 months old
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote