Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #1

Replacement tail light lens

Whats the best way to get a replacement tail light lens for my 2012 Georgetown 351? Do always have to go to dealer?
tfebb17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:57 AM   #2

After searching high and low for replacement lenses for our '06 Lexington, I got some "Navigation Light Lenses" at etrailer.com....They carry a large selection of them....prompt delivery too....Give them a try!!
louiejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:35 PM   #3

Replacement ense covers are something that bothers me to no end. Going to the dealer will not neccessarily be the answer. I am trying to replace one of the clearance lense covers for my 2010 V-Lite. I can not find a correct replacement, even at the dealer I bought the TT from. This industry needs to get its act together. I would imagine the RV industry has nothing in their purchase agreement to guarantee spare parts. They get a good deal on parts from a supplier that goes belly up and no one cares about spare parts.

I ended up using a lense cover that "almost" fit then used clear acrylic caulk to hold it on and hopefully keep water out. I am now in the process of replacing the clearance lights with sealed LED units.

2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax Crewcab
Jeep Commander - sold
Flagstaff V-Lite WRB26
kz08h5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:15 AM   #4

What about eBay?
Old 04-21-2014, 01:03 AM   #5

I usually don't buy things like these from e-bay, the differences in prices, plus the bidding they sometime have on things is not for me......
louiejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:03 PM   #6

I recently had to replace two (2) of my clearance light lens. After going to all the auto parts houses, tractor parts businesses, and internet researching I finally decided that it was cheaper, quicker, and more efficient to just replace the entire clearance light fixture. I bought some from a local auto parts house and I should (?) be able to find replacement lens if needed in the future.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, replacement