Old 03-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #1

Replacing roof

Hello everyone, I am in the process of replacing m roof on my 2001 shamrock. I noticed a few bubbles in the interior roof a few years ago and I dismissed it. I shouldn't have ... Now just a little less than half of the roof has been removed . It was a 1 1/2 inch foam with luan on each side of it. Does anyone know where to pick some of this foam up. . I was told lowes may have it but I haven't made it there yet. Also there a ton of smaller accessories that I need that aren't totally related to the roof project but am having a hard time locating the parts.. Any good websites?? Thanks for any help....

Old 03-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #2

Lowes has a good assortment of block foam insulation. To get to 1-1/2 inches you will probably have to sandwich two sizes to make it up. Instead of Luan plywood I would suggest you replace it with 1/2 or 5/8 inch marine grade plywood. Will be a bit more expensive but far superior strength. What other sorts of stuff are you needing?

Old 03-12-2012, 01:08 AM   #3
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

I'm sure most folks would love to see pictures of the roof apart, if you can take a few and post them.
05CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by donn
Lowes has a good assortment of block foam insulation. To get to 1-1/2 inches you will probably have to sandwich two sizes to make it up. Instead of Luan plywood I would suggest you replace it with 1/2 or 5/8 inch marine grade plywood. Will be a bit more expensive but far superior strength. What other sorts of stuff are you needing?
Thank you, ill look into lowes... some items I need are wheel bearing covers, not the caps, but the decorative caps, handle to come in door, some little nickel and dime stuff that adds up...
Old 03-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87CrewDually
I'm sure most folks would love to see pictures of the roof apart, if you can take a few and post them.
Hopefully the picture up loaded... I was hoping for a quick replacement of a skylight and a vent fan...this is what I found.... so a little piece of advise... if you find ANYTHING that looks like a leak... get it fixed.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120312_110420.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	10864