Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #1

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Rockwood TT -- Enternabond

Hi everyone, I just got off my roof (Windjammer 3065). I was going to Enternabond tape the front and rear caps and around roof vents etc. a little preventive measure I got fron the forums.
Well to my surprise the roof vents, front and rear end caps have enternabond on them. and upon further investigation all the slides have them on all the roof seams !! Is Forest River reading this forum or are they finnally tired of roof leaks !! My trailer was manufactured on Aug 24,2010 and is a 2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3063 w/3-slides. I know this was Enternabond because it had a little sticker on a seam and found one on the roof vent around the seam area. This really made my day and saved me some work under the sun.
I did have to seal around the Sat. Dish, but that was installed buy RVW and they said after the fact,they would have used enternabond had I asked ! ( A little up charge I would think.)
I really have been impressed with the quality of workmanship in this camper ( middle line I think). Just thought I'd let everyone know because Im sure Windjammers arent the only trailer made in that factory,wear ever in Ill. its located !! --- Very happy Rockwood Windjammer owner !!
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
Grape Escape

Love to see some pictures of install.
Thinking of doing my Cardinal before it develops leaks
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #3

i heard that the pricier rv's have eternabond instead of Dicor caulk on the roof seams...my 2008 rockwood 8315SS had caulk around all the roof fixtures .and i had a leak around the skylight. I installed eternabond over all the caulk areas,so i'm hoping i caught the leak in time and it didn't cause any damage. i found the leak when i removed the inside cover to clean inside the skylight. not much of a leak,but you could tell there had been water coming in.
realebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:54 PM   #4

I will try to get some.....then I have to figure out how to post them here! ....raining like cats and dogs here so we'll see if she leaks in the morning !!-- dave K.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:38 PM   #5

Iggy, has some picture's of his after he put Enternabond tape on his new camper....Thread is under Iggy..."proud papa of a Rockwood....." Under the Rockwood Forum.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #6

Google searching now.

Never heard of the stuff.
2006 Sierra F28 Rear Kitchen 5th Wheel, 31' = 10k pounds.
Nights camped in 09-14, 2010-23
Mr. Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
Hi everyone, I just got off my roof (Windjammer 3065). I was going to Enternabond tape the front and rear caps and around roof vents etc. a little preventive measure I got fron the forums.
Well to my surprise the roof vents, front and rear end caps have enternabond on them. and upon further investigation all the slides have them on all the roof seams !! Is Forest River reading this forum or are they finnally tired of roof leaks !! My trailer was manufactured on Aug 24,2010 and is a 2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3063 w/3-slides. I know this was Enternabond because it had a little sticker on a seam and found one on the roof vent around the seam area. This really made my day and saved me some work under the sun.
I did have to seal around the Sat. Dish, but that was installed buy RVW and they said after the fact,they would have used enternabond had I asked ! ( A little up charge I would think.)
I really have been impressed with the quality of workmanship in this camper ( middle line I think). Just thought I'd let everyone know because Im sure Windjammers arent the only trailer made in that factory,wear ever in Ill. its located !! --- Very happy Rockwood Windjammer owner !!
I'm very happy to hear that you are happy with your Windjammer, I am in the process of finding the right deal on the same unit. There is a local dealer that has one in stock Ive been all over it twice now and have been impressed with the build.
SoundMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:59 AM   #8

Myself and 3 other friends with their units all spent a day in my yard installing Eternabond tape to all our units. Placed over all existing caulking with some cleaning of the caulking and roof before installation. Did a lot of research on the web and we all decided that this was a great prevention measure against roof leaks.

2013 Camping Days: 22
2012 89 2011 50 2010 61
OregonCamper's Pics click here
OregonCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:39 AM   #9

Nice....wish I'd had some friends come over and group it! (the job).

Tags
rockwood