Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2008, 02:25 PM   #1

roof cleaner

It's about that time again of the year and this is the first year i've had this trailer so i was wondering what everyone uses to clean the vinyl roof on a flagstaff? I wanted to put something on it that is going to give it some protection over the winter from the sun and rain.

Any suggestions?
eandsphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:40 AM   #2

Camping friends of ours clean there camper from top to bottom then cover there Jayco with a full camper cover. The roof is cleaned with a mild detergent and the walls are waxed then they cover the tires. I personally just clean the roof and camper and it is exposed to the Winter weather, never had a problem. It would be nice to have a place to store the camper inside. If the wrong chemicals are used to protect sometimes they can cause damage under certain conditions so just be careful if you decide to use a chemical.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:16 AM   #3
Site Team

Spic & Span is what's recommended for EPDM roofing. I've used clothes washing liquid and it works great. I don't have a vinyl roof but I'd think these items would work on it as well. I don't know that you need anything to "protect" the material specifically. Maybe a mechanical cover would be your best protection.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:22 PM   #4

we have epdm, and used the cleaner and uv protection at camping world

the cleaner goes down and is mopped up into a bucket and you dont have to rinse off with a hose , which causes bad streaking down the sides , since it is dirty. we just did ours

we then washed and waxed the metal sides, looked really good. it is a shame it really doesnt last long.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:27 AM   #5

My Cherokee has a Royal Roof. The brochure that came with my trailer suggest "household cleaners such as Comet, Spic-N-Span,Ajax etc.We have found that the granulated cleaners do a little better job."

Bduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:31 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to SSport
I have had great results with Murphy's Oil Soap
SSport is offline   Reply With Quote