Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2008, 12:54 PM   #1

Roof Construction

Does anybody know how the roofs are constructed on flagstaff trailers?
Are they flat, or do the crown to allow water to run off.
Thinking about purchasing first flagstaff and have concerns.
Mickey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:41 PM   #2

since I don't own one I can't help you but I'm sure someone here can

But I can welcome you to FRF!!

What models are you looking at?
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #3

Mine is flat. I have not had any problems with it yet. It is a 2004 model 26RKS.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:00 AM   #4

Our roof is flat also on our Rockwood and have had no problems. The bed room is in the front of the camper and when we set up for camping my wife likes the front of the camper elevated just a little so there is no problem with water run-off. Now you ask your self why she likes it elevated ???? well I better clear this up now because I know where this could end up. when the camper is level and I know it is, she fells like she is sleeping on her head and the funny part is she uses two pillows, you got me !!!! I set the camper on the high side of the level mark, so I am still in range. If she likes it, I love it, it works. My wife sleeps well and the water runs off.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:21 PM   #5
Cyber Phrenologist

You, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
when the camper is level and I know it is, she fells like she is sleeping on her head and the funny part is she uses two pillows, you got me !!!! I set the camper on the high side of the level mark, so I am still in range. If she likes it, I love it, it works. My wife sleeps well and the water runs off.
Hmmm? Must be something about women and Rockwood trailers as the wife and I have the same issues. Wonder if the bedframe is level? Or the bedroom floor? (we have a 5th wheel, so the frame could be level and the bedroom floor slightly off, if not built right)

Who you gonna please, the bubble or the wife? Who's gonna cook your breakfast?

By the way, the roof of our Rockwood is flat, but because it's a 5th wheel it is well sloped fore and aft.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:01 PM   #6

My Flagstaff is also flat- It has a one piece rubber membrane roof something like an interior shower wall, plastic/rubber, and a vinyl like bumpy texture. It has gooey white sealant around vents, and gutters on all corners to channel rain runoff. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Hmmm? Must be something about women and Rockwood trailers as the wife and I have the same issues. Wonder if the bedframe is level? Or the bedroom floor? (we have a 5th wheel, so the frame could be level and the bedroom floor slightly off, if not built right)

Who you gonna please, the bubble or the wife? Who's gonna cook your breakfast?

By the way, the roof of our Rockwood is flat, but because it's a 5th wheel it is well sloped fore and aft.
Radio, thanks for the Idea, I well check the bed frame next weekend when we go camping you may have something there. As far as bubble vs wife I think wife is the winner, I can sleep up side down but I do like to eat.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote