Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2016, 09:44 AM   #1

Roof Damage

I noticed I had a soft spot in the back passenger side corner next to my shower skylight (Which I was getting ready to replace). I was wondering if there was any other glue like 3m spray adhesive I could use to re-glue down the TPO roof once I peak it up to replace the small amount of plywood rotten. I don't really want to have to buy 1 gallon of Dicor glue just to do this tiny area unless I have to. AlsoI just hate to replace the skylight, ignoring the soft spot, and still have issues back there so I want to get it fixed. I plan to peal up the TPO roofing just in that corner to cut out the rotten wood and replace with new wood.

By the way its a 2006 Grand Surveyor 240BH Fifth Wheel.
2013 Ford F-350 Ultimate Lariat Edition with 6.7 Power Stroke
chiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:49 AM   #2
Site Team

Water based contact adhesive should work just fine. That's basically what the Dicor glue is.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:57 AM   #3

Anyone got examples of that available at Lowes or Home Depot? Looking for advice as I do not want to use something that will eat up my TPO roofing... Its in good shape other than this and would like to get another couple years out of it.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:19 PM   #4

for example... Something like this ok with my TPO roof. I even see someone asked under the questions on this product if they could use it on a RV roof.

DAP Weldwood 128 fl. oz. Original Contact Cement-00273 - The Home Depot
Old 05-17-2016, 03:44 PM   #5
Site Team

Yes you can use that for adhering the membrane to the plywood. It's a higher VOC cement than the water based, but it won't matter once it's cured.

If you've never worked with contact cement before I suggest you play with it on a few small scrap pieces of material. It doesn't even have to be the roofing material. It sticks permanently on contact!

We use wax paper between the pieces to keep it from sticking until we're ready for it to. Just put the wax paper between the pieces and lay them together and slowly slide the wax paper from between them.

Tags
roo, roof