Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2018, 07:46 AM   #1

Roof lifting off

So last year my roof started to get wrinkles in it. Went to dealer and put in claim, 10 months later still no word. I had been calling them monthly but the last couple months got away from us for personal reasons.

So here we are now, first trip of the year and I get a another driver waiving to me to pull over. The roof was lifting with like a massive air bubble under it in two sections.

The kids and I are going on a ten day trip in three weeks to remember my wife as she had the trip all planned out before her passing and I am freaking out that this might be big issue and not get fixed in time.

I am calling the dealership Tuesday and Forest river. We had a claim in before warranty expired. 2016 265b fifth wheel.

Any ideas, options.

Sounds like the glue did is not holding as why else would it lift up?!??
filkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:11 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by filkins View Post
So last year my roof started to get wrinkles in it. Went to dealer and put in claim, 10 months later still no word. I had been calling them monthly but the last couple months got away from us for personal reasons.

So here we are now, first trip of the year and I get a another driver waiving to me to pull over. The roof was lifting with like a massive air bubble under it in two sections.

The kids and I are going on a ten day trip in three weeks to remember my wife as she had the trip all planned out before her passing and I am freaking out that this might be big issue and not get fixed in time.

I am calling the dealership Tuesday and Forest river. We had a claim in before warranty expired. 2016 265b fifth wheel.

Any ideas, options.

Sounds like the glue did is not holding as why else would it lift up?!??
Yes, I have had the same the issue. Not glued down from the factory. Air was getting in thru the front cap. Had a trip planned, so had to have mobile RV tech come out and fix it. Submitted to FR for reimbursement. Took 6 months but they reimbursed me for the repair.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	037.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	414.4 KB
ID:	173528  

My first
kho6658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:49 AM   #3

Would you mind sharing a rough time estimate and price for getting that done. I am thinking that is what I might have to do.

Not looking forward to dealing with this!
filkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:01 AM   #4

Another example of the fine customer service of a dealer that was only interested in getting your money.
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by filkins View Post
Would you mind sharing a rough time estimate and price for getting that done. I am thinking that is what I might have to do.

Not looking forward to dealing with this!
It was just under $900 and two days of work. I asked that he take before and after pictures to help when I submitted my claim. He took about 50 pictures, before, during and after. He also wrote up a detailed analysis of the problem and how he corrected it. I think the pictures and his analysis was key to getting reimbursed. This was my only option as I couldn't wait for my dealer to deal with it. I e-mailed every week to stay on top of it. Good luck to you.

My first
kho6658 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift, roo, roof