Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #1

Roof limit / snow load

I have a 2009 Cedar Creek 34RSLA fifth wheel. We live in the RV and was just courious if anyone knows how much snow load the trailer can handle. I know they are constructed very well but don't know how much snow this Big Boy can take. Can someone please help!!!!! Thanks
Tom
camper6112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:12 AM   #2

Tom, this question came up just a few week ago and it was put best this way: Do you think a dealer spends the time to clear all the rigs on his lot when it snows? RVs have very strong roofs, you shouldn't have to worry about the snow load.

Welcome to the forums. If you are new to how forums work, be advised that they are PUBLIC, that means everyone on the Internet can read them (usually), Therefore I would highly recommend that you not list personal contact information on a post. You should edit out your email address unless you really like a lot of spam. Members of the forums can PM (private message) you without your listing your email address.

Take care.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #3

Snow load

Hey NW Jeeper

Thanks alot - and yea I already thought about all the dealors who have the rigs on thier lot. I don't see them out there cleaning off the roofs. The only difference is I am living in ours and any problems (if occured) would be a real pain where the dealors would just repair thiers in the spring. But yes you are right they are built pretty tough. So thanks for the welcome and hope to here your reply on this post

Tom
camper6112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I went out last night during our latest blizzard to clean off as much as I could from the previous weekend's blizzard. Two blizzards with 20"+ in one week. I have a telescoping pole and brush for washing the motorhome that I used to drag the snow off the roof. I also used a 6 foot ladder to be able to reach farther in. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm nuts but with over 14" of packed down snow with another 20" expected I wanted that security. My shoulders feel like they fell off but I slept real well last night.

COME ON MOTHER NATURE - CUT THE CRAP!!!!!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote