Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2017, 05:37 PM   #1

Roof problem

We have a 2012 Grey Wolf that we bought used a few years ago. Ive noticed the rubber roof has what I'd call "spider cracks" all over it. Some places are worse than others. I suspect someone might have used a product on it thats not good for epdm rubber. My question is do yall think I should coat it with something like Dicor or am I going to have to replace the rubber.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Morgan Soccer_104.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	348.0 KB
ID:	154169   Click image for larger version

Name:	Morgan Soccer_106.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	253.4 KB
ID:	154170  
Playmaker153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:40 PM   #2
Scoundrel

Following...

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:34 PM   #3

My TT had a sealant put on it before i bought it, it cracked peeled, so i took a green scouring pad and sanded then washed it, it blended back in. My roof is a TPO, I spoke with Alpha and they told me that TPO roofs should never have any type of sealant on it. I also talked with and RV rubber roof instalation company that said to never seal a rubber roof of any make, because no matter how well you wash it you can't get everything off the roof and it gets trapped between the sealant and rubber roof ,molds etc. Where I have cleaned or removed sealant on my TT roof it still looks like new and its a 2007.
cardwellmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:06 PM   #4
RGB

have 2010 Georgetown 330f. this year I have tried to find where the leak is in my roof. have had a rv dealer replace gasket on rear air conditionar. but still leaks. rv dealer checked roof and couldn't find problem. what should I doright rear corner shows soft ceiling and water drips thru air vent do I have to reseal my fiberglass roof?
RGB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof