Old 06-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
Roof Question

I have a 2011 Flagstaff 30WRKSS and love it, but I have a couple of questions regarding the roof. I just washed this beast for the first time this morning. In Georgia, we get early start on this type of task (man its HOT here). I noticed that on the edges of the roof water was standing due to the roof material not being flat. Is this common? My thoughts were, it may be due to expanding and constriction of the material, but wanted to ask some of you. I also would like to know when you first began treating the roof ? I've only had the unit for approx four months and would assume its treated at the manufacture, but we all know what occurs when we assume something.

Thanks in advance for your response

brw549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
Your Flagstaff should have a white rubber membrane roof as most all have, and to my knowledge there isn't any way to avoid having the water puddle after a rain, or washing it. All you can do is to make sure it is level. That roof is a one-piece sheet of plastic/rubber material, and water won't hurt it at all. In the manufacturing process, it must be pretty hard to make the roof "crown" in the center slightly to allow water to run off to the sides when level. I guess it's not too important to them, but that hot Georgia sun should dry it up pretty quick! Also, as far as I know, you only need to wash the roof with a gentle detergent to keep it as new. You do however need to check on all caulk sealed areas up there about twice yearly to avoid possible leaks. Good luck with your Flagstaff! Randy

/SIGPIC]'08 V-lite Flagstaff 30WRLS
'06 Ram 1500 QC hemi Reese dual cam sway control,
K&N series 77 intake, Hellwig helper spgs. LT tires,
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #3
Thanks Randy. I knew I had been up on the roof earlier this year and did not notice the membrane having any slack areas. This looked like a ripple around the edge under the material. As for washing the roof, I have been told may things but a manufactures rep that makes the material told me, Dawn dish washing liquid is what he uses. Thanks Again.
brw549 is offline   Reply With Quote