Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2015, 01:10 PM   #1

Roof repair

We have a 2011 Georgetown 337 that we got in October. Has had a leak all along. Been back at dealer more than at home. Two weeks ago they removed all sealant, gutters and awning. Replaced with new, told us someone had put some incorrect sealant on in places. Brought home, got all gear on deck to put inside. Started raining over the couch, same place as before. Back to dealer. Now putting on product to seal fiberglass. Told me it's a two coat application, one head to tail one side to side. Anyone have experience with this type of product? How worried should I be about the integrity of the ceiling/roof system? They had dehumidifier running for 10 days last trip in
Old 03-31-2015, 01:30 PM   #2
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Some people have used a produce called Snow roof, but I personally haven't. Seemed to work, so they said. Might of been Snow Coating.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:33 PM   #3
Take The Road Less Travld

Sounds like they goofed up the first time. which now, any damage after the repairs would be on them. I would be concerned about rotting and structural damage, but if they say they got it, then there is not much you can do, but in the future where there is damage cased by leaking water, I would refer back to this, and their comment on making the issue worse due to not using the correct caulk the first time.

My experience with dealers are not good. If I have the ability (Money), I would open an RV repair shop with better customer service and better trained technicians than most that are out there now. They are hard to come by!
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:43 PM   #4

Thanks, yeah nobody at dealer taking responsibility for improper caulk. On our 2 service advisor, first let go.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:06 PM   #5
Take The Road Less Travld

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakkdad View Post
Thanks, yeah nobody at dealer taking responsibility for improper caulk. On our 2 service advisor, first let go.
I was referring to your comment about someone putting on incorrect sealant in some places. Sounds like a problem they will have to deal with if future damage comes up due to that improper sealant.

I'm not trying to worry you too much. Sounds like they corrected it, but I have had many experiences where the service department didn't follow up or double check and I was the looser in the appointment. They pretty much know me now and put things in check when they see me LOL. It just really gets under my skin when my property isn't treated as if it were their own. They would have double checked the sealant, tightened the bolts, inspected for any other concerns, as well as cleaned up after themselves if it were their own trailer.

I hope everything is fixed on yours and Camp on!
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, roo, roof, roof repair