Old 11-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
Roof seepage

After some heavy early winter rain went out to do an inspection of my tent camper and discovered some swelling and wetness in the verticle side panels inside the roof section of my camper. Brought it inside immediately and opened it to let everything dry out, but now my question is .. what would be the proper fix to stop the leakage? The leakage appears to be primarily at the corners where the seams are on this particular roof. What would be the recommended procedure for stopping the leak and what product would be the best? I can attach some photos of the area of the leak if that would help the resident experts here provide some recommendations.

Thanks all!

Allyn, WA
Camper - 2002 Tent/Popup 20.5' (fully deployed)
Flagstaff by Forest River
Tow Vehicle
94 Ranger or 2010 Volvo XC60
SgtSaunders69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
I know this is the roof and seal section but you might try posting in the Expandables or Tent trailer pages I would think some one there has good info.
Sorry I couldn’t help, good luck

YoungKopernik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
Sorry about your leaks, you are right pictures and material (what is made of) would help. You might also want to call FR factory and ask them on any recommended sealants. There has been a lot of threads lately on leaks, but most have been on the canvas stitching. It's good that you caught it now and not in spring.
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
Moderators' Assistant
to attach photos you need a 3rd party photo hosting website, like Photobucket.
you then copy the address of the photo onto the line that pops up when you click on Photo button.

i suggest posting this question on the Tent Camper/Popup section here, since the roof of a popup is different in some ways to roofs on other types of RV's.
you may also want to go to some Popup-specific forums, like Popup Portal or Popup Explorer.
much more activity there, for popup owners.
i owned two popups and i would go there if i still had them.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote