Old 09-18-2018, 10:07 PM   #1

Roof Separation on Gutter Side???

Hi! First post here, so bear with me if I am being redundant or if this question has already been answered, but I couldn't find a similar problem.

We picked up a FR Wildwood X-Lite 261BXL a couple weeks ago. Just got home from the last trip of the year on Sunday and noticed that there is a small piece of the roof that has separated from the outside wall just below the gutter. See pictures. This is our first TT, so the repairs are all new to me. I plan on cleaning and doing some more seals before wither storage, but don't know how to attack this problem.

From what I've read here, is my best bet to go with Eternabond and Dicor?
It did not come with the manual, as we got it from the first owner and he had misplaced it, so I'm not sure what material would be best to clean/use on the roof.

Am I going to be able to stretch the roof material far enough down the outside wall to get the seal back?

Any help is appreciated!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed-2.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	186950   Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed-3.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	186951   Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed-4.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	186952   Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed-5.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	186953  

stadnek18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:51 PM   #2

Wow, looks like some of the roof material is torn off. Definitely need to get address ASAP. ETERNABOND Tape I would recommend. Water intrusion is the DEATH to an RV.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:00 PM   #3

Wow dealing with same issues. Mine isn't that bad yet. But have had mysterious water leak and found brown streaks under gutter. Hope you find solutions that isn't a warm and leg to repair. I'll be reading and keeping tabs due to I'll follow behind u on repairs I'm afraid.
Jannyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:05 PM   #4
clr

You have a problem in a very bad place I would say. Looks to me like you scraped the roof line there on a tree branch or something. Not an expert in this area so maybe others will chime in, but I would say Dicor is not an option. Eternabond may work but I would want to get the edge of the eternabond under the metal trip. In most RV's that metal trim is very long. You would have to first remove the plastic trim and then loosen the screws holding the trim enough to get an edge of the Eternabond under the trim. But it is worth a shot I would say or you may be looking at a total roof replacement.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:34 AM   #5

Sorry to say but you are going to need a new roof not a patch just my opinion.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:23 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Sorry to say but you are going to need a new roof not a patch just my opinion.
Agree. Looks like the roof material has aged enough to require replacing. If you go the Eternabond route I would add Dicor to the head of the screws before putting the flexible trim cover back

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:56 PM   #7

Thanks for the reply. I have covered it with Tuck tape until I can get some Etera tape this weekend. The TT is a 2014 so I can't see it needing a new roof so soon? It does need a cleaning, which I will do. I'm guessing it's best to spot clean the area to make the repair with Eternabond and then clean the entire thing once the tape and Dicor have set? Has anyone played around with taking the gutter and flashing/trim off? Is the roof tucked in/ held by the trim in sections? Am I going to be able to get it off without the rest of the TPO coming off? Thanks again.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:15 PM   #8

If your going to use tape, make it lap into the gutter, don't start pulling gutter off, you might end up worst. Make sure you have it sealed well, or the next thing will be delam of the sidewall.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:19 PM   #9

Exactly what Witch Doctor said. Extend the Eternabond into the gutter. Don’t remove anything. Clean with mineral spirits and then alcohol before applying Eternabond. Duct tape ain’t going to cut it !
Old 09-19-2018, 05:23 PM   #10

Just discovered we have the same issue , dealer said because I bought it used from them last year it’s not covered by warranty �� and that we need a new roof for our 2017 Wolf Pup ! So for about $5000. We can get another crap POS roof that will still need sealing every year or for $3500. we can get RV Armor that never needs to be sealed or washed 4 times a year . My mom only raised one dummy and she lives in another state�� so R V Armor it’s going to be and a true forever roof that has a life time warranty against failure . A 12 year warrantee on the fabric from FR is useless if the factory cuts the material too short and it pulls away and leaks. Sorry to hear about your problem take a look at RV Armor.

Tags
roo, roof