Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #1

Roof vents

I'm New to travel trailers. Do you cover refg. vent during winter so snow can't enter?
Fortuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:39 PM   #2

They have a good cover on them. but don't see where it would hurt if not in use for winter.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #3
Wanna Be Camper

First let me say welcome to the forum and secondly I do not think it is required, snow getting in would be no worse than water getting in there during the summer. I have not seen anyone around these parts cover the vents.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #4

Makes good sence. Thank you.
Fortuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:47 PM   #5

Take it for what it is worth, I have had two campers in the past 10 years both five years each and so far never had a problem with snow on the roof vents. Now last year here in the North/East we had a record breaking snow fall, we had somewhere between 34" to 46", this was a collection of the white stuff from three snow storms 4 days apart and did not have any problems this Spring with leaks or cracks in the vent covers. They were not covered and there was no heaters operating in the camper. I still inspect them like other things before Winter hits and in the Spring.
The a/c unit as well is not covered, I don't want to trap mosture in the unit it will dry out faster if it is not covered.
One thing you didn't mention...do you have MAXX AIR VENT covers over top of the vents?
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote