Old 10-09-2018, 02:34 PM   #1

Question Roof Warranty Question

This may not be the right forum...

We recently ran across a 2017 Wolf Pup 16FQ for just over $9,000. We're thinking of getting a weekender-sized TT and this pretty much fits the bill, but we're brand new and not 100% sure what we're getting into. I read on line that the warranty on the roof is 12 years (as opposed to the structure of the trailer itself, which is 12 months). I'm not sure exactly what that means. If we buy this trailer and the roof springs a leak, is that covered? Does that mean they'll repair/replace it? Obviously, buying used we don't know how well the prior owners have kept the roof. All we can see at the moment is that it's a bit dirty, but we haven't been able to check caulking, etc.

Can anyone shed light on the warranty on a TT roof?

Mrs.Shockley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:50 PM   #2
Site Team

The roof warranty is ONLY for original and not transferable.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:51 PM   #3

You're going to have to check with the manufacturer of that roof. Generally warranties cover the original owner only, but don't quote me.

You need to check the caulking before you buy that rig. Also look on both the outside and inside for water damage, things sagging, etc. Also, use your nose. We've looked at a lot of rigs and the first thing I noticed was the smell of mildew. If it has the smell of a strong deodorizer, be wary.

Just as important as the roof, check to make certain everything works inside. If the a/c, furnace, water heater, water pump don't work, those can be expensive to repair.

2015 Dynamax REV 24TB class C
2nd rig 2006 Toyota Tundra &
2010 Cikira 21RB 19' travel trailer
Reverse_snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof