Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2018, 07:15 PM   #1

Roof work and advice needed

My Toyhauler is in a barn for the winter. But, before we go out on our first trip in March, I want to work on the roof. I would like to use Eternabond on all the seems. Do I have to clean the entire rough (which is impossible inside the barn) or can I just spot clean the areas I am using Eternabond. When we head south for Spring Break it will probably be 40's or so here temperature wise during the day and we will not move the TH out until a few days before we leave.

What is the best cleaning solution? I here mineral spirits my damage the roof.
Rhoadzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:02 AM   #2

My roof is TPO , l use Acetone, but l also use Eternaprime that l apply with a brush, l don't use the spray can because l want a good application, let it set for 20 minutes and place the Eternabond, its definitely going to stick so go slow with the Eternabond ,you want get a second chance, if you do get off line with your Eternabond l just cut it off and overlap about 6 inches and straighten my line up. Acetone will clean it well, apply it to your rag that you are cleaning with and wipe good, if it's really dirty you might want to take some soapy water ( dish detergent) and wipe as much as you can first, good luck, happy camping.
cardwellmarty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof