Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2018, 09:34 PM   #1

Roofing material

I was wandering if anyone would know what type of material my roof is on my trailer? Is it called Alpha material? I think I may have a small leak all the drivers side roof seam behind the pantry cabinet and bunk. I can not see any water damage or signs of water leaking down the walls or anything but the ceiling material appears like it shrunk along part of the edge. I want to reseal the caulking edge and go over all of it to make sure nothing is cracking. I can't even see really any caulking on the edge. Its a clean edge where the roof meets the gutter.

The caulking looks kind of tan on the rest of the unit. Does anyone know exactly what the manufacturer uses like the brand and everything? I just want to make sure I use the appropriate type of caulking, Thank you.

2017 FR Wildwood 201BHXL
2013 Ford F-150 King Ranch Ecoboost
zorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:50 PM   #2
Just as confused as you

Alpha Systems TPO roofing looks like orange peel in the surface texture. EPDM roofing is smooth. Whichever roof you have buy Eternabond tape (EternaBond) and following directions place it over the seams and roll it down. The instructions are on the Eternabond website for download and in the Library section here on the forum. Forest River Forums - Downloads - Awnings, Roofs and Exterior

Many RV owners don't wait for signs of damage. Several have applied the Eternabond as soon as they after buying their RV. I did my roof 3 years after I bought the trailer. I really didn't need to, I just did it for peace of mind. Eternabond is good for 10 years and you don't have to keep applying caulking. You apply it right over the old caulking after you clean it.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:02 PM   #3

Thank you very much I will use that product.

2017 FR Wildwood 201BHXL
2013 Ford F-150 King Ranch Ecoboost
zorky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof