Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2014, 08:22 AM   #21

It had to be custom made. Calmark Covers in California. It is pricey--but it has a 6 year warranty and after 3 midwest winters--still looks brand new. They will send you a rough diagram of a trailer asking for dimensions. I added a top view so I could give them the measurement on the "V" front. Very pleased with it so far.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:40 AM   #22

Photo's are isn't true?
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:25 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddauberE View Post
Seems like most people cover their trailer. I have been trying to decide if I was going to or not. Maybe I should. I have a 2013 Roo. Upgrade from a popup trailer that I wish i kept covered. One question, how do you deal with the radio antenna on the roof? Do I just bent it over or does it remove?
Bend it over-it's probably a Rubber ducky-or spring loaded antenna.Cover your new toy and be happy that you did.No regrets!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:39 PM   #24

Cover

Our coach is parked out side in all kinds of weather, rain, snow, pine straw and other stuff, do not regret for one minute spending the bucks for the cover. It has been covered the whole winter and is about ready to come out. We purchased the ADCO Cover the the Tyvek Top Cover, really sheds water extremely well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
Bend it over-it's probably a Rubber ducky-or spring loaded antenna.Cover your new toy and be happy that you did.No regrets!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	47674  
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:42 AM   #25
Take The Road Less Travld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
I had no regrets. I Ordered the ADCO cover for my trailer and was especially glad I did this year. With all the snow and Ice, I'm sure I would have taken a few extra years off the trail. Now I'm ready to uncover it and get started again this year. I've been in it already and love the still new spell and everything looks great and well preserved . There's nothing like a little peace of mind when you know it's covered for the winter and when that bat weather hits, no worries
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:20 PM   #26

Cool

After 1 year with the CalMark I decided to return it for a partial refund. It is a great cover but the winds in Colorado just beat it up to the point it was marring the hood on the Chevy and the awning supports. I tried several methods of securing the cover but could not get one to stop the billowing etc. I do think it was too long in the front and they offered to correct it but by this times was really tired of the going over ever week and repositioning it. I also had tears in the corners where it rubbed on the motorhome corners in the front even though I had styrofoam under the cover. Also had mucho dust and sand getting through and somehow it even got inside the cabin. Might have been due to the excess front material and not being able to secure it properly. I suspect the wind also caused the door zipper to separate and this was really fun putting this back together.

Even after all of this I would not hesitate to by another one if we did not have so much wind.
Wildkats66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:16 PM   #27

Keeping an RV protected from the sun is the life of the exterior. I had a cover for my 5th wheel for about 4 or 5 years. It came from Camping World. It worked very well protecting it from the sun, and did not cause a mold or mildue problem. However, the life of a cover in the sun all the time is about 5 years. That's when mine started coming apart at the sewn seams and tearing. The second problem with a cover is that it is a lot of work taking them off and putting them on at a dangerous height. I now have mine in a metal garage. If you are planning to own an rv for a long period of time, then a metal carport/garage may be a better option, and more economical in the long run.
rvpicker is offline   Reply With Quote