Old 05-07-2015, 01:30 PM   #1
Rv cover size

Hi fellow RV'ers,
I just bought a Rockwood 2304DS and had the dealer order a cover. They ordered a cover one size larger 24'1" to 26' feet
and the trailer measures 22'9". I haven't opened the box yet . I was wondering if the extra size matters or should I take it back and have them order the next size smaller?

markofgloucester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:42 PM   #2
I was in the same boat. The one I ordered was actually too big but tightend it up where ever I could and tucked in the excess in the front and back. It worked pretty well over the winter but when I replace it it will be a smaller size with a little snugger fit.

whitmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:52 PM   #3
I was in the same situation, and I was able to make the cover work, but if I were in a position where I had a completely unopened cover, I would definitely attempt to get the next size smaller. Just my opinion. I ended up buying some gadgets in the camping section of walmart, that grip a tarp, so you can use a bungie cord in places where there isnt a grommet. That worked well, but I would much rather have a more snug fit to avoid that scenario all together. We reached the point where it was big enough that the straps, made it stay on, but there were large sections of "overlap" with no way to secure them (hence the bungie gadgets) and it allowed the wind to get up under the cover. Wish I had pics, it might be easier than trying to explain

2015 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
2015 Ford F150 Ecoboost
Semperfi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:22 PM   #4
I'd definitely get the right size. My dad had an ADCO cover for his 5th wheel that was one size slightly bigger. Despite battening down the hatches securely, he came home after a big wind storm had blown through to find it ripped to shreds and was surprised it didn't go airborne like a kite.
2014 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 621BHXL
2015 Ram 1500 4x4, Crew Cab, 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT, 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
About Me: Prof. Web/UI/UX Designer, Prof. Photographer, traveler, writer, genealogist, husband & daddy of 2 & 5 y/o daughters
Follow my blog:
donhillphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:36 PM   #5
Thanks for the input, I think I will try to take it back and order the proper size.
markofgloucester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 04:21 PM   #6

What brand of cover was it?
AirGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 04:52 PM   #7
The cover on mine is "the right size" and it is extremely snug. When I have to replace it, I will get one size bigger. It is so snug that it is a pain to get on and last time I put it on I ripped a corner because I had to pull so hard to get it over the back right corner. I would try what you have a couple times on and off...worse case scenario if you don't like it, you can sell it on ebay or craigslist.

2015 Evo 2700
2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn Hemi
Evo2700 is offline   Reply With Quote