Old 06-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #1

Sagging material behind fiberglass front cap on Heritage Glen

Hoping someone can help me with this. Just got our new Heritage Glen 272BH home and now notice this.

When I was looking for a battery disconnect I noticed some loose fabric (looks like is is a black tyvek like material which is supposed to protect the unit from weather) which was loose and hanging down from behind the bottom of the fiberglass nose cap, behind the A frame. In looking underneath, it appears that it should be attached. It appears to run the length of the trailer, as some sort of vapor/protective barrier.

I looked up behind the front cap and saw wood framing, insulation, and the wall to the storage area. It is possible that the factory just pushes the fabric there, It does not seem right, but don't know what they would attach it to. I am attaching a picture, it is not very good, but itshows the fabric hanging down.

Anybody else with a Heritage Glen or a Hemisphere have the same issue? Or what is it supposed to be finished like? I stapled it to a wood frame for now.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0079-1.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	32806  

Old 06-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #2

I have a 2014 Heritage Glen 300BH. Will have to look when I go out to campground this weekend. I would have stapled it to. You don't want an opening for mice/chip munks to get in there or else you'll have some real problems. I'm checking mine out this weekend.

Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #3

Thanks Eastlake Roo! Let me know what you see. To me it seems that something was left unfinished. I am interested in how yours is finished.

I live 90 miles from my dealer or it would be on his lot right now.

One more question for you: Is your fresh water fill a threaded connection like a City water fill? This is just my second camper, but this is new to me.

The rest of the unit seems really nice.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #4

I'll check that out as well for you. (fresh water connection). Mine is set up at a seasonal spot which has full hook up so I won't ever use the fresh water fill. Having some issues with Jensen TV were the remote works in the morning and doesn't after a few hours. Installed new batteries and still no luck. Hoping Dealer will swap out since Trailer is only 4 weeks old. I'm in the process of installing Eternabond on the roof to protect the calking as I don't plan on ever going up there to reseal. I installed Eternabond on my prior trailer so new owners are all set.
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #5

Just a follow up to my earlier posts. My dealer repaired my trailer so that the opening is now sealed. They used the same material as the rest of the underbelly, coroplast. It should keep the camper better sealed. I would recommend anyone with a Hemisphere or Heritage Glen to look at theirs (where the fiberglass cap meets the frame). I would hate to think what could have happened if mine were left exposed. I have attached a picture of what it looked like before it was repaired.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0080.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	33516