Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2015, 03:53 PM   #1

Salem CruiseLite Roof Leak!

We have a 2015 Salem CruiseLite travel trailer that's had a roof leak problem since day one. There's a wall that separates the bedroom from the main living area which has a flat screen tv mounted on it as well as the stereo. Water is coming out at the base closest to the door every time it rains!

We took it to the dealership who tried to tell us the water was coming from below and did some sealing. That did nothing to stop the water one bit.

I noticed directly above that area is the antennae and with all the wind & rain we get here in SC, I assumed that the wind rocking the antennae had loosened the sealant somehow. So got on the roof and sealed it the best I could....the leak finally stopped, even with almost 3 solid months of rain!

But now it's been 3 months later and we had some heavy wind/rain again. Went to check in camper & sure enough, had water in same damn spot again. Not as much but still doing damage. I'm at my wits end! The dealership is no help...they were helpful at first but they've had so many personnel changes, now it seems like there's no way there with any knowledge/experience.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?! Any advice/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Dawn
theayers128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:22 PM   #2

After a quick floor plan search, Isn't there access to the bedroom on either side of the wall?

If it was me I would probably pull the radio out of the wall to see if there is water coming down the wall there. Maybe use your phone in video mode with the light to film as high/low as you can and then view it to see if you can see a better access. What type of sealant did you use?

We have had a bunch of rain here in the Lowcountry, Santee River & Black River has been hit hard this year and we are about tired of it. I know this post really doesn't help you in detail maybe it will help you get a better idea of where the entry is inside at the top of that wall or which side its coming in.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:24 AM   #3

I know this is an old thread but did you get a resolution to your roof leak?

Thanks
brannon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, roo, roof, salem