Old 11-29-2016, 02:00 PM   #1

Screws under front cap 2008 Wildcat

We have recently purchased a 2008 Forest River Wildcat 30 LSBS. This is our first 5th wheel. After purchasing, we discovered that there had been substantial water damage to the rear of the camper, resulting in the entire rear section being replaced, including new siding.

The other day, while preparing to take it in to get the roof sealed, I noticed that under the front end cap, there are several screws seeming to attach the siding to the underside of the front cap. They appear to be in a pattern, and not random, like they are factory. These are behind the hitch, on the underside before it curves down to the front storage area. While at the dealership, I looked at some other units (not Wildcats) and they did not have this.

Is this how the siding on the front cap is supposed to be attached, or is this possibly another area that has been repaired? When I push on this area, it feels firm, but you can see where each screw is indented in the metal if that makes sense-almost like it was looser and pulled tight by the screws.

I'm hoping someone who has this same model can shed some light on this.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 03-11-2017, 08:47 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpitts44 View Post
We have recently purchased a 2008 Forest River Wildcat 30 LSBS. This is our first 5th wheel. After purchasing, we discovered that there had been substantial water damage to the rear of the camper, resulting in the entire rear section being replaced, including new siding.

The other day, while preparing to take it in to get the roof sealed, I noticed that under the front end cap, there are several screws seeming to attach the siding to the underside of the front cap. They appear to be in a pattern, and not random, like they are factory. These are behind the hitch, on the underside before it curves down to the front storage area. While at the dealership, I looked at some other units (not Wildcats) and they did not have this.

Is this how the siding on the front cap is supposed to be attached, or is this possibly another area that has been repaired? When I push on this area, it feels firm, but you can see where each screw is indented in the metal if that makes sense-almost like it was looser and pulled tight by the screws.

I'm hoping someone who has this same model can shed some light on this.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I have a 30ft 2007 lswb ? and have the same issue I believe. The screws holding the lower alum panel and the fiberglass front cap are loose and some look as though they broke off and barley holding the cap and lower panel together.
Their might be a steel frame that the screws are to go into but I'm not sure and I hope someone could let us know on this as I believe a self tapping larger might help us out
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Teresa and camper at Colrain RV ,their going through it as are at purchase time !!!!.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	131581  

Tags
cat, wildcat