Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #1

Seeking Roof Sealing Tape Advice

We have a "new to us" 2007 Puma 26RLSS. Now that the weather's warmed up, we started inspecting all the details that most newbies probably overlook, like roofs, vents, seals, caulking etc. Aside from needing a good cleaning, it appears the roof tape on our slide needs attention.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2635231526.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	16355

From all the threads I've read it looks like EternaBond RoofSeal tape is the product of choice but I'd really appreciate suggestions from those of you who've had similar problems and those who've used EternaBond. Also, I am wondering if we go with EternaBond, is it something an inexperienced TT owner can take on?
Northern Nature Lovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #2

eternabond tape installation is certainly a do it yourself application.. Be sure to thoroughly clean surface with acetone prior to applying. It's unlikey you'll be able to remove the existing tape, but I'm sure you can tape over what's there. If that's not a good idea, I'm sure you'll hear it. Good luck.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:05 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
eternabond tape installation is certainly a do it yourself application.. Be sure to thoroughly clean surface with acetone prior to applying. It's unlikey you'll be able to remove the existing tape, but I'm sure you can tape over what's there. If that's not a good idea, I'm sure you'll hear it. Good luck.
Eternabond is the way to go..
Delaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #4

Thanks Rugged Brown and Delaware, EternaBond it is!
Old 07-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #5

I've had success removing Eternabond with a heat gun. Be sure to use a low heat. Start out at a very low heat and gradually increase it until the removal process is effective.

Last spring I did a complete Eternabond job on the roof of our Flagstaff 831 BHSS. Then, later in the year, I decided to replace the Wineguard TV antenna with one of the new Jack antennas. I had no trouble at all removing all of the tape that I had used on the old antenna.

Good Luck!

Rick

2014 Rockwood 8315BSS
2016 F250 SC LWB 4x4 6.2 3.73
Reese Dual Cam
Honda EU2000i
joy-rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #6

Thanks Rick, that really helps. I was concerned about getting a good seal without taking off the old tape. I get it...slow and steady.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #7
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Nature Lovers View Post
We have a "new to us" 2007 Puma 26RLSS. Now that the weather's warmed up, we started inspecting all the details that most newbies probably overlook, like roofs, vents, seals, caulking etc. Aside from needing a good cleaning, it appears the roof tape on our slide needs attention.

Attachment 16355

From all the threads I've read it looks like EternaBond RoofSeal tape is the product of choice but I'd really appreciate suggestions from those of you who've had similar problems and those who've used EternaBond. Also, I am wondering if we go with EternaBond, is it something an inexperienced TT owner can take on?
Don't quite understand where this picture is taken with the step in the roof. Would you elaborate on it?
Old 07-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #8

I was on a step ladder, looking down the length of the inside edge of the slide roof. Hope the picture helps with the orientation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3640321924.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	16473
Old 07-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Nature Lovers View Post
I was on a step ladder, looking down the length of the inside edge of the slide roof. Hope the picture helps with the orientation.

Attachment 16473

What side of the step ladder where you on. Need a stickman. Just kidding. Good illustration. Good tip given by a member to use a heat gun as well. Good to know. All the best
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote