Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2018, 02:48 PM   #1

Slide out top seal replacement

Does anyone have any documentation/advice concerning replacement of the black rubber slide out seals? I have a 2010 23’ Flagstaff and I noticed when cleaning & protecting them this spring the top seal is beginning to deteriorate. I do all of my own repairs on the RV and would like to hear from anyone who has tackled this project.
mebeauc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:51 AM   #2

I am in the same shape. I have a 2012 Forest River Surveyor. Only the top seal of the slide out is deteriorated. I guess the sun did its damage. Will want to replace all of the seals when I tackle this job. Any help for us will be appreciated.
fishfun83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:55 AM   #3

following
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
following
Hello. I had several slide out seals replaced over the winter season. First I recommend that you replace all of the wall slide units when you do the job. My unit has the lippert slide outs that have the large support beams with the teeth on the bottom of the slide,( look underneath the slide out to confirm). If you have these type of slide outs. I was told that these type of slides make the repairs a lot easier because the slide out walls do not have to be removed for repair. The interior slide out wall trim will need to be removed this will allow the slide wall to exceed past the outer wall so you can access the seals and service the area effected. If I would have known this I would have done the job myself as well. You also have to remove some of the slide seal to make sure you purchase the proper one to replace. Once the slide seal is removed you can simply move the slide back into the trailer and put a cover or tarp over the work area until all your parts arrive. Good luck with your project I'm sure it will go well just take your time
snapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement, seal, slide, slide out