Old 04-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #1

Slide out weather strip

Hello to all. We bought a used 2011 Wildcat 28RKSB 5th wheel in early February. Was going over the unit this last few days as the weather is getting better and noticed that when the slideout is fully retracted I have sunlight coming inside the unit at the back, down where the wall and metal bevel pan meet inside on the floor. Going underneath it looked ok. Last night in the dark I used a bright light inside and went again underneath and now could see light. Pretty sure this is supposed to be weather sealed and was wondering if it is a separate seal I can install or whether it would be part of a sequence of a seal(s). Or could I use the expandable foam to fill the void. Like to do it the proper way. Buying used I did expect some issues and have been able to so far take care of them myself. Any info is greatly appreciated,thanks in advance. Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	inside.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	27658   Click image for larger version

Name:	Under 1.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	27659   Click image for larger version

Name:	under 2.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	27660  

Old 04-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
Dallas Texas

I'm having a hard time seeing the issue. Can you tell of there was a gasket there? If you add one be sure it doesn't get jammed or pulled into the hardware/gearing when you pull in the slide.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #3

It is difficult to see unless the sun or a bright light is under the back corner of the trailer in daylight hours and very dark inside. Reverse the light scenario at night. That was how I noticed it and then figured this is possibly how we have what appears to be road debris in that pan. If you go under the trailer the triangle piece that shows 2 small bolts (2nd & 3rd picture) and run your fingers back there it feels empty. In the 3rd picture that has a white marking under the triangle piece this is the area from under neath a little light was coming through at night. I am wondering if there is a weather strip that is to go on the triangle then bolt back up into place to block that area. This particular area is outside of the track/gear drive. This inside picture is the area that the light will show through,unfortunately I can't get any closer to it from the inside with the slide retracted. I will try to get some better pictures in a day or so weather permitting. Going through the 3 seasons of weather change here again today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	inside.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	27688