Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2016, 10:38 AM   #1
7 Year Class A RV'er

Slide Wiper Seals - Sealing

Good morning! Looking for suggestions on a relatively minor issue before it becomes major. I my large slide there are cables coming through the wiper seal at the top and bottom (even though it is operated hydraulically). Where those cables come through the seal, they appear to have pulled the seal loose above and below. I contacted FR and they say the seals come with an adhesive strip already applied and you have to replace the entire strip. I can see where the adhesive strip was and it's very easy to reach, so I was thinking of simply getting a good adhesive and resticking the seals myself at those small areas (about 8" long). Any suggestions on a good adhesive material for that type of repair? Also, I can't see any reason for not putting a few small SS screws through the seal to prevent the cable pulling it loose again. Thoughts on that would be appreciated. Thanks.

"Conceptumator" - Orlando, FL
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide