Old 11-03-2018, 07:24 PM   #1

Snow Load for Dynamax REV 24CB

Winterized our REV 24CB a couple of weeks ago. Pulled the coach batteries per recommendation of local RV dealer service people, since we usually have 2-4 weeks of minus 10-25F degree weather each winter.

However, my question is about snow on the roof.

What does Forest River recommend as max snow load on roof to prevent damage to roof, ceiling, and stuff in between?

Local weather people let us know when snow is getting near the load limits recommended in codes for regular homes and mobile homes, but not RVs. We had about 12” of snow in our first snowfall (Oct. 28–yes, 10/28), and it has not melted off, since temperatures have maintained below 25F since the snow. (Southcentral Alaska had an exceptionally warm October, breaking several high temperature records all over the state! We had winter arrive just in time for Halloween.)

Also, any recommendations about Vitamin D supplements for our motorhome, since we have such short days and little daylight in our winters?

AlaskaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 10:01 PM   #2

I clear mine as soon as it stops snowing. Too many possible problems with melting and freezing.

Old 11-04-2018, 08:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
I clear mine as soon as it stops snowing. Too many possible problems with melting and freezing.
Good idea!

You never know how heavy the snow is based on its depth, especially if there has been thawing, then added accumulation.

Bruce

Tags
snow