Old 08-09-2017, 03:41 PM   #1

Stay Clear of National Covers - Carlsbad, CA

I wanted to let other RV'ers out there know to stay clear of National Covers (nationalcovers.com) and to never do business with them! Their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with!
I ordered a custom cover from them for our travel trailer and when I ordered it gave the salesman the make, model # and length of the travel trailer. It came in a week and a half after ordering in which all seemed fine until I went to install it last night. Granted this was 2 months after taking delivery of it and I have been busy as many of us are. The cover did not fit one bit and it sagged in the front along with back. I took several pictures in which I sent to the salesman this morning who said to get with customer service in which I did. Come to find out they only offer a 30 day return.... Yes, I should have installed it when I received it, but was going on their fit guarantee which is posted on top of their home page and going on the dimensions along with the other information I gave the salesman it would fit 100% - WRONG!
To ship it back would cost me over $125.00 and they want to charge me with a 20% restocking fee - over $100.00. Not going to happen... I am going to take it over to a friend of mine here locally who has a canvas shop to have it modified to fit properly.
Ok I am off my soap box... I wanted to let others out there know what I went through and to stay clear of this company!!

Time for a beer or two!!

Pottsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:37 PM   #2

I just received an email from customer service and they have really stepped up! They are taking the cover back with No Re-Stocking Fee and Paying for the return. They are also making a New Cover for me for $N/C + it will be the correct size... I Hope...

They sent me an email late Friday asking for me to give them the year, make, model and length of my travel trailer. I replied back to the email yesterday first thing in the morning and they just replied back to let me know.

I will ship it back tomorrow and lets see what returns.... Stay Tuned....

Cheers!
Pottsie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover