Old 07-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #1

to cover or not to cover?

Well I took everyones advice on nixing the gooseneck adapter!! thank you for all the input!! Heres another question. Having just bought a 312bhx and not having a garage or an open lot to put it in I was wondering what experiences people have had with covers. My driveway is shady with many oak trees around it. Im looking to keep my investment clean and minimalize uv damage to graphics/tires etc. It wouldnt b covered all the time, but deff winter months and long breaks between trips. Any advice would be great!!!

Old 07-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #2
William

Cover, the sun is your campers worst enemy and you won't be able to keep it clean parked under trees.

2015 (38 Nights Camped/3560 Miles)
2014 (28 Nights Camped/1980 Miles)
2013 (30 Nights Camped/1411 Miles)
WEMig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:02 PM   #3
Fulltime family RVer

If you cover, spend the money for a good cover. You want something that fits and breaths well.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:03 PM   #4

If you have gutter extensions, make sure you put some tennis balls on them, or they'll cut right through the cover.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #5

Ok I'll say it.. No Cover. Proper Maintenance works to prevent all the concerns people have with not covering.
-Wax your trailer every year. Makes cleaning much easier ( black marks won't stain the siding and graphics stay looking new)
-Use tire covers if your in daily sun.
-Make sure there are no cracks in any of the caulking and touch up twice a year all around the unit including roof.
- I paid double for each of my vehicles and I don't ever cover either of them.
2013 Nights Booked: 38
2013 Nights Camped: 40
pwrplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #6
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrplay View Post
Ok I'll say it.. No Cover. Proper Maintenance works to prevent all the concerns people have with not covering.
-Wax your trailer every year. Makes cleaning much easier ( black marks won't stain the siding and graphics stay looking new)
-Use tire covers if your in daily sun.
-Make sure there are no cracks in any of the caulking and touch up twice a year all around the unit including roof.
- I paid double for each of my vehicles and I don't ever cover either of them.
X2 sort of... If you have really lots of sun and dry conditions, like the west; definitely cover, you will not be able to prevent the UV degradation. If you are out east or humid south, then moisture is your biggest problem, and no cover breathes as well as no cover at all. The EPDM roofs are good for about 10 years. unless you REALLY keep after them, and they are expensive to replace.

These campers are typical of our throwaway society, everything begins to fall apart quicker than you would like. So be prepared to sell or trade-in your unit at 5 or so years OR get really good at repairs DIY.

IMO