Old 07-20-2015, 12:06 AM   #1

TPO or EPDM on Flagstaff units

What is the secret about the material used to cover Flagstaff and Rockwood Windjammer/Vs and the Classic Super Lites?

I know how to check and see what is on a rig, but, I want to know what is being used for construction. EPDM will be a deal breaker as I'm gonna loose money on my purchase of one of these units. My Open Range used TPO and they were proud of it.

Is this information hidden somewhere?

This site is a wealth of information like the Open Range one is. Keep it up!

Old 07-20-2015, 03:18 AM   #2
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsupchuck View Post

Is this information hidden somewhere?
Should be paperwork in the owners manual package, from the roof manufacturer, with type of roof info, care/maintenance and warranty.
There was in mine.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:31 PM   #3

Don't own one yet

I don't have an owners manual to read as I haven't purchased anything yet. Question still stands as to what material is being used. I'd rather have the old metal myself like the 89 Holiday we started with.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:59 PM   #4

Some sort of TPO

Hacked my way through a name given on the company that makes the material. It seems to be TPO, but, with a pattern to it that makes it not a slick as my present TPO. Dicor sealant and acetone were allowed on my TPO which I used.

I have order in for a V Lite as of Sat. so I guess I'll find out the hard way. Caulking seems a bit more restrictive as some kind of blue chemical is supposed to be used instead of acetone prior to applying sealant. Video I saw showed the cleaner resembling PVC cleaner used before applying glue to a fitting.

Heck of a way to get an answer!
Old 08-25-2015, 12:43 PM   #5

My new Super V owners manual only says check with your dealer for the correct caulk to use on the roof??? Much more info in the book on the toilet... So I'm probably gonna use the wrong stuff since my dealer won't know anyway. They specialize in selling the trailers.

BTW I'm staying with a cleanup of acetone followed by Dicor products. I'm sure I will post if I end up creating a nightmare.
Sold... 2013 Shadow Cruiser 26
raytwntrvlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:55 PM   #6

Dicor here also

The Dicor website had "link" to videos where you wound up on Utube and it seems TPO is TPO. No mention of any off breed (can I say that?) versions. EPDM is something else altogether with a black back side. TPO is supposed to have same color on the back side.

Used the self level stuff on a repair of a "Jack" antenna and it worked wonderfully. Best sealing I've over done in my short career.

I'm with you unless someone can say the Superflex 3 from Alpha Systems is not TPO.

Tags
flagstaff