Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2017, 01:41 PM   #21

I placed Eternabond on end cap where rubber roofing meets fibreglass, then I am going to screw on metal trim and put Dicor lap sealant and place another layer of Eternabond.
cardwellmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:44 PM   #22
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardwellmarty View Post
Yes, the older TPO roofing is felt backing, they stopped making it said it held moisture, so if there was a leak even though the leak was repaired the roof was hard to dry out, because of the felt.
What they mean is that they stopped using it for RV roofs. They still make felt back for the industrial roofing market.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:27 PM   #23

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170414_121030.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	140808Click image for larger version

Name:	0610171758.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	140809
Old 06-10-2017, 06:28 PM   #24

Finally after two months of work and weather, I've got the tarp off.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:43 PM   #25

Name:	0608171214.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	140813
Old 06-10-2017, 06:46 PM   #26

Name:	0419171149b-2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	140814Click image for larger version

Name:	0419171228-2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	140815Click image for larger version

Name:	0421171511-2.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	140816
Old 06-10-2017, 06:46 PM   #27

When I started, it's been an adventure.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:27 PM   #28

Your camper is similar to mine :-)

Looks like you closed the skylight hole. Didn't want one? I'm 6'1" and actually needed the headroom in there.

Was there water damage inside as well?
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:27 PM   #29

Yes I closed the skylight, was where most of the roof damage came from, all the leaks were fixed when I got the TT. The floor in the bathroom had been repaired but no other visual signs of water damage. The interior looks like new, just some minor details. I still have some sealing on the roof and slide outs.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:34 PM   #30

007matman, I looked back at your profile your trail does look like the one I have, or very similar. I am new to the RV and have a lot to learn, I am trying to get my TT back to where it is just regular maintenance. Have you had you TT for very long and has there been anything that I should watch for?
Old 06-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #31

Name:	0611171329a.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	141132
Old 06-12-2017, 03:43 PM   #32

I placed new Styrofoam in the skylight hole still have to finish up, if you look close to the right hand corner of the ceiling you can see a small water stain, but that is it. Who ever did the floor repair saved the old vinyl flooring and after repair relayed it .
Old 06-12-2017, 03:53 PM   #33

Quote:
007matman, I looked back at your profile your trail does look like the one I have, or very similar. I am new to the RV and have a lot to learn, I am trying to get my TT back to where it is just regular maintenance. Have you had you TT for very long and has there been anything that I should watch for?
I've only owned it for a few months but I've done a ton of work on it already.. wishing I would've waited to buy one and bought a newer unit.

So far, I've done all of the seams two times.. I used the wrong sealant and had to re-do it all because it didn't hold. The new stuff I'd good and has sealed it up well. The front corners we're the worst. I basically had to pull them all apart and re-do them with new materials. The front window was also a pain. It had shifted down and had a gap at the top. So I pulled that out and re-did the whole thing.

Roof: fixed a small hole, replaced both bath vents, fixed both the front and rear seams, skylight seal was going bad too so I re-did part of that too.

Re-did the front door as the stupid latch for the screen door wouldn't work properly. I replaced it with a magnet and tossed the latch.

Waxed the camper last weekend. The original finish was oxidizing and no longer shiney. Also, pulled the belly pan off to fix where a mouse had plugged up a furnace vent (and died). Also fixed the sagging galley tank and the galley tank valve as well.. what a mess. Repainted all of the vents, speakers, and exterior lights as they were either rusting or yellowed.

Fridge drain was in 1000 pieces and needed to be replaced so had to pull the fridge to do that. Also need to replace the control panel because it won't stay fired up on gas. Starts but won't stay on because the flame sensor isn't working.

New hitch (the one I bought with it was junk)

Tranny cooler for the Escalade.

Misc interior fixes.. new mattress, new tires, etc.

Probably more. It's been a long process. Hopefully coming to an end.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:02 PM   #34

Sounds like you got things going in the right direction, it can be over whelming, but when it is finished very gratifying. I haven't even hooked water or even tried out all the appliances, to be seen what that will be, right now
Old 06-12-2017, 05:24 PM   #35

Trying to get the outside where it can be easily maintained, in time it will be our full time home.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:29 PM   #36

007matman, don't think just because you buy a newer TT that all is well, I first bought a 2014 looked like new, didn't even look like it had been used. I thought I was inspecting it good, but i had never purchased a TT , I looked under the cabinets, checked the bathroom, the ceiling's and the floor at the front door , all looked good. I got it home and the same day found water damage on both ends of the TT in the floors, in the corners ,water was running down the insides of the walls. The dealership I bought it from reluctantly came and picked up after two days of haggling, said they would replace it when another used model came in, after two months of calling and several trips to look at TT they came up with this trailer a 2007 Flagstaff 831 bhss, while I was looking and waiting I found several other TT on their yard with roof and floor damage. They wouldn't let me get on the roof of this TT, but it has more room and easier to fix than the other would have been. I was a Newbie, they got me, but even though I've owned a TT for four months I may still be a newbie but I am wiser, lol.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:05 PM   #37

Even though the leaks had been fixed (stopped) the damage was already done to the roof, it was rotted and the structural stability of the roof compromised.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:33 PM   #38

Quote:
007matman, don't think just because you buy a newer TT that all is well, I first bought a 2014 looked like new, didn't even look like it had been used. I thought I was inspecting it good, but i had never purchased a TT , I looked under the cabinets, checked the bathroom, the ceiling's and the floor at the front door , all looked good. I got it home and the same day found water damage on both ends of the TT in the floors, in the corners ,water was running down the insides of the walls. The dealership I bought it from reluctantly came and picked up after two days of haggling, said they would replace it when another used model came in, after two months of calling and several trips to look at TT they came up with this trailer a 2007 Flagstaff 831 bhss, while I was looking and waiting I found several other TT on their yard with roof and floor damage. They wouldn't let me get on the roof of this TT, but it has more room and easier to fix than the other would have been. I was a Newbie, they got me, but even though I've owned a TT for four months I may still be a newbie but I am wiser, lol.
Yeah.. it was my newbie mistake too. I didn't really know what I was looking at and made the assumption that everything was on the up and up.

It could have been a lot worse. I've got 1000 more than I paid for it in it now but it's getting close to not needing anything other than for our family to enjoy it.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:47 PM   #39

I also have about 1000 more to, I am going to set down an add it all up. But after doing all the repairs it feels more like my TT, not just a purchase. Hope you and your family have lots of fun in your TT.

Tags
roo, roof