Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2015, 12:00 AM   #41

Hey if the "trained professionals" weren't able to notice it when they inspected it (and let's be honest, these guys are LOOKING for a reason to knock off what they'll give you for it -s o they're looking closely), how can they possible expect an average Joe to notice it?

They screwed up, they're trying to get anything out of you so they can adjust the financial paperwork before the owner sees it.

They're loss, not yours.

There is the chance that the owner will call, may try to threaten you, possibly even with legal action - - don't bite - let them posture all they want, you've done nothing wrong, and have no liability.

cdangel0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:39 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePM View Post
First off I think like others, they should have checked it out when you traded it in, and now to call and say that it cost them $3200, now I believe it would have cost you that much, but not them, they did it for cost, but want you to pay full cost, I don't think so.
Exactly. I guarantee you they have that cost figured at full shop rate- probably $120 an hour. Yet they will be being a guy $10-$15 to do it. I bet they'll have less that $800 in it to lay all new decking and install new rubber. Like most have said, they probably won't even repair it and try to pass it on. No matter what the case, they can just eat into the profit on yours. No way I'd ever do business with them again. IMHO, it's VERY unprofessional to even bring it to your attention, much less ask you to pay for some of it.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:27 PM   #43
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdangel0 View Post
They're loss, not yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblaze580 View Post
its there baby now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojojojo View Post
Thats THERE fault not your.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclark View Post
There bad not yours.
Agree with all of the above. It's certainly their problem.

Sorry, I'm not usually nitpicky about grammar but it stuck out bad in this thread.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:37 PM   #44
DDC

Are the roofs not warrantied for 12 years? I would not be worried about any come back unless you were aware of it, but if you can help him get warranty coverage why not.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:40 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
Are the roofs not warrantied for 12 years? I would not be worried about any come back unless you were aware of it, but if you can help him get warranty coverage why not.
The roof material is, but not the seams. Likely it leaked at a seam.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:35 PM   #46

"Sorry, I'm not usually nitpicky about grammar but it stuck out bad in this thread."

Don't you mean 'stuck out badly'? Couldn't help myself. It's gud to cee sum peeple stil kair abut Spelling and gramar.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:09 PM   #47

I have to say that it was a REALLY BALLSY move for your dealer to call you about the roof!!! FYI - even if they had some interesting language in the Agreement, it is very likely State Law would override it. It is USED and caveat emptor governs. IF you get another call from the dealership and they start "asserting" any responsibility on you, inform the caller that you consider this harassment at this point and will report the antics to your State AG's office and the BBB. PLEASE realize these calls are trying to lead you onto acknowledging having prior knowledge of the condition, and the moment that happens it is no longer caveat emptor and you can be held liable! Choose your conversations wisely by simply not having them!

As you already perceived, you'll need to take your future business elsewhere.
geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:16 PM   #48

It would be good to know who this jerk dealer is so that others could avoid the a--hole.
pacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:54 PM   #49

I have stated how I feel the problem was found. The next phone call I would inform them or just get a free legal consulting from an good attorney to be able to provide a letter to end this matter.

Even IF you did know they bought it just as if you were looking at it to purchase. It would be your baby then.

It's called harassment to me if they continue this matter to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:01 AM   #50

bad roof

im wondering if this is a new way to add profits !! by putting the touch on customers after the sale its shortsighted and wont last long
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:06 AM   #51

We received our Title yesterday in the mail so there isn't too much they can do now.

2011 Forest River Flagstaff Classic 831KRSS
2011 Coleman 267BH Fifth Wheel
2013 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi
smonagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:09 AM   #52

I wouldn't go back there for any type of repairs. They will find a way to get back at you for sure.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:22 AM   #53

I definitely don't plan to do so. Luckily there are several RV shops around so I can choose to go somewhere else!

2011 Forest River Flagstaff Classic 831KRSS
2011 Coleman 267BH Fifth Wheel
2013 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi
smonagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof