Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2016, 11:58 AM   #1

Underbelly panel removal

I have a Silverback 33IK with the fully enclosed underbelly. According to the FR videos, the panels are laid in place and screwed in to the frame from the top . . . So - how does one remove them? And if successful, how would one put back in place? I don't need to do any repairs - yet, but the unit is now out of warranty and it's on me. Plus, I just want to see what's all down there and how is stuff run!
NCBBA11043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBBA11043 View Post
I have a Silverback 33IK with the fully enclosed underbelly. According to the FR videos, the panels are laid in place and screwed in to the frame from the top . . . So - how does one remove them? And if successful, how would one put back in place? I don't need to do any repairs - yet, but the unit is now out of warranty and it's on me. Plus, I just want to see what's all down there and how is stuff run!

I had thought they had the frame upside down, installed that panel with teks through the frame flanges, then popped the suspension on and flipped the frame right side up to build the rig? It has to be removable from the bottom?

You may not like what you find in there but I would want to see also. I did it on an Aerolite hybrid once and I thing the entire day of productions trash was inside my floor. I think the purpose of it os mpore to hide things than anything else.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:22 PM   #3

This is on my to-do list as well. I have installed 620W of solar on the roof and routed the cabling to the front cabinet space. I still need to run wiring underneath to the front baggage area and relocate my Progressive battery charger; install a transfer switch & charge controller closer to the front batteries. I figure it's a two day job.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:22 PM   #4

Now I'm really curious. I'll crawl under it tonight and take a look to confirm (may even try to post pics if I get ambitious).
NCBBA11043 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
underbelly