Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2011, 07:18 AM   #1

Vent pipe question

Recently I replaced my RV fridge with a residential style fridge on my 2003 CR 36rlts, behind the old fridge I noticed what looked to be a vent pipe coming out of the floor and going almost to the ceiling. It was open at the top with no cap.
Wondering what It could be for? I though the tank vents all went through the roof?
Could it be the fresh water vent?
Thanks
US Navy Persian Gulf Vet 1991-1994
cedar creekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #2

i have a vent that comes up thru a pantry going thru the roof. believe it vents my sink grey water tank. (my frig is next to the pantry).
i'm wondering if that is what urs is and they took advantage of the vent for the frig rather than punch a hole too close to the frig vent.
that area the frig sits in is sealed off from the inside of the trailer by a gasket around the flange that mounts the frig on the inside of the trailer.
the vent for my fresh water is next to the fill line.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote