Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2015, 08:24 PM   #1

Vortex fan upgrade - avoid it

I highly recommend that this product be avoided. I purchased one from Camping World to replace the Ventline exhaust fan in our 17FQ trailer. Installation was easy, took only about 15 minutes and it looked good. Until you turned it on, the blades were so out of balance it could not be run on anything but low speed. The bore in the fan was drilled off center.

I tried to contact Hengs, the manufacturer, though email several times but got no response. Finally got the phone number and called. The support person was very pleasant but informed me they could not sell to individuals and would I have to go though a dealer. SELL, I have a defective fan and just need a blade to fix it!

Said sorry they could NOT help but could give me the part number so it could be purchased. Well I took down the number and though I would check to see if I could may be get the blades replaced though a dealer or what the cost would be if not since it is an hour and a half drive to Camping World... turned out the part number was the COMPLETE fan kit I had purchased. Needless to say the fan came out and was returned to Camping World.

Customer service like that is sure good for business.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:27 PM   #2

Sorry to hear that you have trouble with yours and that their cust service blew. I have had mine in for 6 months and only "issue" is when on reverse, it sucks so much air the the screen just rubs the fan blade. One felt dot and problem solved.

2014 Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra "Clifford"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:18 PM   #3

Sorry to hear of the lemon. Put one on a trailer which worked fine. Have one on MH working fine.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 11:16 PM   #4
I go RV'ing not Camping

I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles as well...I have installed the same fan in my last two trailers and no problems....Looks like your best bet is a trip back to camping world unfortunately
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourlie View Post
I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles as well...I have installed the same fan in my last two trailers and no problems....Looks like your best bet is a trip back to camping world unfortunately
Yep, it came out and was returned. I said the heck with it and took the extra time and pains to install a 9 speed MaxAir, the amount of air it moves is so much better than the Vortex did on high. If it could have been used on high.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:22 PM   #6
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky-N View Post
Yep, it came out and was returned. I said the heck with it and took the extra time and pains to install a 9 speed MaxAir, the amount of air it moves is so much better than the Vortex did on high. If it could have been used on high.
Max air is a great upgrade... I bet you will love it
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, upgrade