Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #1

Wall delamination

What is the warranty on the wall structure ?
remember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #2

If it is due to the owner not keeping the unit sealed, there is no warranty.
If it is the factory's fault, it has been reported that they will even repair one outside of the normal 2-year warranty window.

What is happening with your unit, and what model/year do you have?
DonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #3

I have a Georgetown 338s 2010
They have replaced the roof at the factory
And now there is a curve in the wall
And my unit is perfectly maintained
Old 05-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #4

I would think they should cover you, as you aren't that far out of warranty, and considering they already worked on it.
Are you sure the "curve" in the wall is delamination, and not some other, maybe more serious, problem?
Why did they replace the roof?
Old 05-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #5

The roof was delaminates on a 4 feet long
Old 05-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #6

There is a line top to bottom on the wall you can see where the stud stands
Old 05-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #7

I don't think that is totally uncommon. The walls are so shiney that any imperfection shows up like a sore thumb.
If you cannot push the 'curve' in, then it is probably not delaminated.
Just out of curiosity, how does the roof delaminate? Did the plywood just under the roof skin come loose?
Old 05-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #8

roof delam

Hey I am glad I saw your thread. We have a 2012 Surveyor 235RKS that apparently has roof delam. I have only had it for 3 months, camped in it once so far. The roof vents had a recall because the calking they used did stick. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the vents and also told me when they inspected they found the roof was delaminating in the front left corner which was causing the EPDM, Alpha systems roof to be pulled up and lifting the caulking away.

Very dissapointed and feel that a new trailer should not have this problem. I very much want to get a refund or a brand new trailer but think that is a far stretch from what FR will want to do. how did you handle it?
hiflyer901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:07 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo
How is it worthless? The OP was asking about warranty on wall structures. Photos are needed to answer that?
I believe the warranty on the wall structure would be one year, unless you got an extended warranty
Barnman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #11

Wow, sorry to have so easily offended you! Could not find any posts on roof delamination so I figured walls were pretty close.
hiflyer901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:05 AM   #12

My roof has been totally replaced by fr last year at their plant in Indiana. Now it has appeared on the walls that the plywood has unglued from the structure and I can see lines from the top to the bottom like the plywood has detached from the stud division. The service I had from FR about the roof was 100%. Now I don't know,it's a 2010
And the guy is discouraged although I really like my motor home.
I tried to be as clear as possible on my writing
Since I'm French
Old 06-03-2012, 07:11 AM   #13

Dg,
The roof has like 4 parts glued together I was explained, I couldn't see it with my eyes but I brought it when I bought it to a specialized company to have it verified for the silicone around the windows and asked the guy to look at it overall while there he called me and told me my roof could split anytime one month one year no one knows but it will happen since it was delaminated on a 4 feet long. FR said that they a problem with the machine who makes those roof and they have had some come backs
Old 10-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #14

Any idea about possible repair costs or options for a rear delamination? I have a 2008 salem la 246 rlbs, 2 years after we bought the camper Dave's RV replaced the roof due to it cracking all over, we hadn't used the RV during the last year and keep it stored at a storage facility. We went out to check on the RV and found these large "bubbles" on the rear of the RV. The inside wall also has soft spots. No one from Dave's ever said anything about "checking the caulking" to us and i dont know if thats where the problem even is. I don't deny I should have payed more attention to the RV. Now my problem is what to do? I have heard that people have taken their unit to the factory and had repairs made for free or greatly discounted. This is my second salem and I'm been rather disappointed, my first salem was a metal side and we had no problems with it, in fact we sold it my brother and he is still using it trouble free and never having to make repairs. This salem seems to have one leak problem after another and I can't help the leaking roof that had to be replaced has leaked again and caused this. Sorry for the rambling just disappointed things finally get to where we can start using our RV and we find this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I called Dave's RV (our dealer) and the service guy acted irritated I was calling and asking questions and was no help
Grandokieboater is offline   Reply With Quote