Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2019, 10:15 PM   #1

Wall panel repair on WNP style FRP constructed RVs

I am going to have to make some water damage repairs on the FRPs of my 2014 WNP 30WLA travel trailer. The 'million mile' bolts attaching the aluminum roof cap to the wall panels have been wicking water and done damage to a significant section of the wall.

I have searched for info on delamination repair, and found some basic info. However, details are really sparse when in comes to making repairs on this style of RV construction, in which the FPR wall is the structural member and it does not use a stud construction.

I have reviewed some videos from the company at delamrepair.com and will determine is that might be a suitable repair. I am still exploring the extent of the water damage and fear it will be beyond the scope of that product.

If that's the case, I presume I will need to remove the plywood panel from the fiberglass skin where damaged. Then reinstall marine grade plywood to the skin with epoxy and/or fiberglass resin, as shown in this series of videos.

Is there anyone with experience in this kind of construction and repair of it who can speak to it with any knowledge? The video above is literally like the ONLY example of it I can find. If anyone can point me to another forum or resource for this type of repair I would be eternally grateful.

TIA for any useful input on where to learn about this process.
Jim
TX
JrFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair