Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2017, 10:44 AM   #1
WFD

Wash Wax All

Those of you using Wash Wax All...and I know many on here do...is it safe to use on decals? I won't put any waxes on my deals, but was wondering if the Wash Wax All is safe.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:58 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
Those of you using Wash Wax All...and I know many on here do...is it safe to use on decals? I won't put any waxes on my deals, but was wondering if the Wash Wax All is safe.
I have been using it on my Wildcat fifth wheel and haven't had any problems.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:09 AM   #3

The specs say it's safe for all natural and synthetic finishes including decals. I also use it to clean door seals and glass. It's good stuff.
xgarys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:01 AM   #4
WFD

Anyone using wash wax all...have you used it overtop another wax? I like to apply wax to our trailer 2x a year, and looking for something like a quick spray detailer that I can use between waxing when I wash the trailer. I know there is a great line of McKee's RV products that would likely fit the bill but was wondering about the Wash Wax All.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:14 AM   #5

Yes it's great for that. I use it after every trip.

I wouldn't consider it as the primary protectant though. A good base layer of polymer wax underneath makes it work better. I can remove a surprisingly heavy layer of road grime with no scratches or streaks.
xgarys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:12 PM   #6

in my humble opinion, you should consider a syntehtic sealant over a wax. wax is great, but longevity is an issue...unless you have nothing but money and time on your hands!!! use something like collinite 845, rejex, or a coating to get the best uv protection. especially on fibreglass. Duragloss is also a readily availble product in teh USA that is dirt cheap and fantastic!
Old 01-05-2018, 08:04 PM   #7

I was doing my trailer last summer and was getting low on Wash/Wax All. To make sure I could finish the job, I got a bottle of Meguiar's Ultimate Waterless Wash & Wax. I cleaned 1/2 of my rear wall with each starting with a clean micro-fiber cloth on each side. My impression is that the Meguiar's did a better job - the Meguiars cloth had more dirt on it and that side looked better.

Added benefit - lots of stores carry Meguiar's. That and at last year's international rally - the FR rep talking about RV cleaning and care recommended the Mothers and Meguiar's brand products. Also said that Meguiar's was the best bang for the buck based on it's lower price.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wax